FA cup - The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester, SUN 10/01/16 = 16-00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You guys are hilarious... you do know we've got a replay at Leicester to come FIRST... how arrogant ARE some Spurs fans? ...talk about asking for it!
I'm gonna send in my Semi-Final application in the morning. .. bound to be loads of other Yids who will want a ticket, and I imagine the LP cut off will be ridiculously high... what with the Europa League Cup final to think of as well.. so best get in there early!!!!

I'm surprised nobody started the Colchester v Spurs Match Fred yet...!!

fucking ONE game at a time, eh lads?

My post was regards the Leicester game...

200.gif

I thought we played well today, but our lack of striker options, which we all identified when the last transfer window shut, was evident today.

Son is not a striker and we missed that cutting edge, masses of possession but we are not finishing teams off.

For me, we do have a great squad taking shape here but we really do need to bring a striker in.

Son was pretty funny trying to be a centre forward today. I know all the 4-3-3 arguments, but no. Really no. Buy a centre forward or don't, but please stop pretending we have players that can cover for Kane - we don't - this is obvious.

Getting top four is not only about playing in the most exciting competition in the world next season, getting a shed load of extra revenue, keeping your best players, and attracting other top players...it also means less games next season, less long distance European travel, and less of a hangover on the weekend as you don't play Thu/Sat. All those factors mean you play better in the league and the FA cup when it comes round. It is one major reason why the likes of Woolwich have had success over many years. Pretending it doesn't matter would be foolhardy. It is totally logical to prioritise finishing top four over the FA cup (at this stage!)

Were we in a semi final or even the quarters you would have to reassess your priorities but at this stage in the competition it is worth putting out a weakened team that should still have enough to overcome Leicester.

And that's before you consider that we are only one quality player in Jan away from a real chance to win the league this year. Personally I'd love to win the FA cup but I'd love even more to win the league.

Edit: anyway, I trust Poch, so whatever he does is fine by me.

Back
Top Bottom