FA Cup replay vs Newport. 7th Feb, 19:45KO (Moura is ineligible this round due to FA Rules Cup)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

likelylads_1578242c.jpg
:harryhmm::pochsmirk:
Who knew they'd BOTH managed us?
How unlikely... eh Lads?

Last edited:
Take the mseriously and go in expecting a fight and we should have this.

If we rest on our laurels and expect a breeze we will be caught off guard again

I´ll say what I said last time......play the kids and fringe players who are hungry to make an impression.

Wouldnt even need this poxy replay if we did that last time. Now its absolutely paramount we are 100% for Saturday.

I´ll say what I said last time......play the kids and fringe players who are hungry to make an impression.

Wouldnt even need this poxy replay if we did that last time. Now its absolutely paramount we are 100% for Saturday.

Mate, no.

The game needs winning. We have enough players to win this comfortably and not jeopardise Saturday.

The fit again Aurier, Rose, Winks and Alderweireld. Sissoko and Wanyama. Lamela, Foyth and Vorm. The hardly used but quite shocking thus far Llorente. That's 9.

Put Son on as well and maybe one from the youth team.

Have Kane, Alli and Eriksen amongst others on the bench in case of fire.

Pochettino just needs to get his message across but we have a decent path potentially to the quarter-final.

No time for throwing in the kids.

Last edited:
Mate, no.

The game needs winning. We have enough players to win this comfortably and not jeopardise Saturday.

The fit again Aurier, Rose, Winks and Alderweireld. Sissoko and Wanyama. Lamela, Foyth and Vorm. The hardly used but quite shocking thus far Llorente. That's 9.

Put Son on as well and maybe one from the youth team.

Have Kane, Alli and Eriksen amongst others in case of fire.

Pochettino just needs to get his message across but we have a decent path potentially to the quarter-final.

No time for throwing in the kids.
Haha......if 4th division opponents at Wembley is no time to throw in the kids when we have Woolwich 50 hours later, then there will never be a good time.

You do all realise we are talking about Newport county don't you?

Also I said kids and fringe.
You mentioned Foyth, Llorente, Sissoko, Lamela and Vorm.
All players in the category I mentioned.
Are you telling me the likes of KWP, Winks and Oakley Booth shouldn't get a look in?
Then we might as well be off with them as they clearly can't be considered good enough for the PL if they aren't considered good enough for Newport.

Haha......if 4th division opponents at Wembley is no time to throw in the kids when we have Woolwich 50 hours later, then there will never be a good time.

Are you telling me the likes of KWP, Winks and Oakley Booth shouldn't get a look in?
Then we might as well be off with them as they clearly can't be considered good enough for the PL if they aren't considered good enough for Newport.

I said Winks plus one youth player so we are nearly on the same page.

But we are also in a position where we have multiple first team players back from injury or illness who are in need of game time to shake off the rust. So perfect opportunity to utilize them.

But we are also in a position where we have multiple first team players back from injury or illness who are in need of game time to shake off the rust. So perfect opportunity to utilize them.
Yeah I'd consider them fringe to be fair

To be clear, what I mean is that the likes of Kane, Eriksen, Jan, Son, Dembele, and Dele should be nowhere near Wembley stadium tomorrow night

I'd say we have 18 players who we could CONSIDER 1st team players...
Add to that the Youth players with squad numbers, and I'd say we'd have a full quota of 22 players at our disposal.

He COULD rest all XI from Sunday, and still play a very decent team... doubt he will though, 'cos he won't want to incur the wrath of Adrian Durham Adrian Durham saying we deserve to go out or thrown out for not taking it seriously!

Last edited:
Add to that the Youth players with squad numbers, and I'd say we'd have a full quota of 22 players at our disposal.

He COULD rest all XI from Sunday, and still play a very decent team... doubt he will though, 'cos he won't want to incur the wrath of Adrian Duhrum on Thursday saying we deserve to go out or thrown out for not taking it seriously!

And rightly so.

We need to be getting to finals of domestic cup competitions on top of continuing to progress in the Premier.

To me the Champions League for now is a bonus.

He COULD rest all XI from Sunday, and still play a very decent team... doubt he will though, 'cos he won't want to incur the wrath of Adrian Duhrum on Thursday saying we deserve to go out or thrown out for not taking it seriously!

Not sure Poch gives a fuck about Adrian Durham

:pochunimpressed:

I'm heading up with the gf for this. It's a massive ball-ache as she's a teacher so it involves picking her up from work, bombing up the M4, hoping that there no incidents on the way. I'm making the midweek effort cos she has never seen Spurs score live - we've either lost or drawn 0-0. This has to break her duck surely! If it doesn't, either she never attends a game again or we're over! Unfortunately, it quite conceivable that I'll never find anyone if this relationship ends - I'm well aware I'm no oil-painting and seriously punching above my considerable weight - so we have to win!

Easy 4-0 win please :)

Think Poch will put out a similar team to one against Wimbledon. Semi strong with some of our injuries given a run out with big guns on bench in case needed

I'm heading up with the gf for this. It's a massive ball-ache as she's a teacher so it involves picking her up from work, bombing up the M4, hoping that there no incidents on the way. I'm making the midweek effort cos she has never seen Spurs score live - we've either lost or drawn 0-0. This has to break her duck surely! If it doesn't, either she never attends a game again or we're over! Unfortunately, it quite conceivable that I'll never find anyone if this relationship ends - I'm well aware I'm no oil-painting and seriously punching above my considerable weight - so we have to win!

Easy 4-0 win please :)

You know the rules

Should be a decent win if we keep our heads

Not sure Poch gives a fuck about Adrian Durham

:pochunimpressed:

DISRESPECTING THE OLDEST NATIONAL FOOTBALL COMPETITION IN THE WORLD YET AGAIN. IT'S ABSOLUTELY DISGRACEFUL.

TOTTENHAM OWE IT TO THE REST OF THE WORLD AND NEWPORT TO PLAY KANE TOMORROW NIGHT.

AND NOT SOME YOUNG ENGLISH ONE OF THEIR OWN NO NAME NO-ONE HAS EVER HEARD OF.

Back
Top Bottom