FA Cup - Middlesbrough (H)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Reading through the comments, there were two equally awful commentating crews. Stewart Robson was on the American coverage and he was the fucking worst.

I mean nobody is going to be watching that replay in 10ys thinking about the good ol days but a win is a win.
It’s a big win when depth players like Tang, GLC, and EL are putting in good min. IMO
The biggest downside from that game is Erikson. No manager on the planet watched that free kick soar into the 37th row and thought “yep, let’s spend 25mil on that guy.”

Good first half, poor 2nd in the most part I think last 20 minutes showed the need for a quality DM Dier needs moving on. Lo Celso, Coco & Tanganga superb, thought Sess was Ok and Winks and Moura did well also, Eriksen was Average to say the least

Good of Giovani to carry The Invisible Dane's burden for him through 90 minutes.

Poor lad must be exhausted after shuttling back and forth between Madrid and Barcelona, weighing up their multi-million pound offers

Hey be fair, Eriksen wasn’t that invisible- I am sure he hit a pigeon in the rafters with one free kick

giphy.gif

Southampton away on a Saturday 3 o’clock to look forward to now! Hopefully a similar ticket cut off to Boro away if it’s a big allocation!

I actually thought we played really well, it wasn’t the best side we have faced by any means, but the majority of the game we looked good. The Argies and Tanganga need to be more involved. Unless we sign a right back get Tanganga there every single game from now on, and if we do sign one then hopefully he will get plenty of minutes at centreback. It was disappointing to concede but I’m starting to see signs that we are improving.

Very disappointed in Dele at the end.
You chose to take an awkward shot instead of doing the easy pass to your teammate to score.
Do you play for the team or for your ego? i know the answer.

I actually thought we played really well, it wasn’t the best side we have faced by any means, but the majority of the game we looked good. The Argies and Tanganga need to be more involved. Unless we sign a right back get Tanganga there every single game from now on, and if we do sign one then hopefully he will get plenty of minutes at centreback. It was disappointing to concede but I’m starting to see signs that we are improving.
Yeah overall we played real well but it was obvious that we were setup to see off the game rather than score more. At which point the problem became that we still suffer from being prone to mistakes when we lose focus. That is something that Mourinho will fix with time and as he gets to shape the team in his image but we will have to live with the fact that we cannot see out games right now. We have to be 100% focused at all times.

Enjoyed most of that tonight. Slightly sloppy 2nd half. Poor last ten minutes but a few positives:

Tanganga - love him already
The Argies - all three of them
Winks
Sess got more minutes

On the downside:

Dier - I feel sorry for him. Incredible that until recently he was a regular International midfielder. Now lumbering around looking championship quality at best.
Lack of clean sheet
Dav’s brainfart
And....

Erikssen - for the love of god please just go now

Back
Top Bottom