FA Cup - Middlesbrough (H)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ordered five.

dtzrUSX.jpg

We clearly took our foot off the gas in the second half but, overall, I thought it was a hugely positive performance, especially for Gio, Lamela, Sess and Tanganga as many have mentioned. The first half saw us play some really tidy football with good passing, movement and interplay. Even CE looked decent for a few minutes. I think people maybe don’t realise how bad the conditions were so it’s not that surprising that it was difficult defending high balls or that there were errors too.

Great to see a good turnout. Crucially, Tottenham Star played a blinder with their lamb shish tonight too, to cap off my Tottenham Experience. Thank God we’re still at (N) WHL.

Up the Spurs!

EDIT: should add that Lucas put in another superb shift, working his arse off, pressing, chasing, running and creating. I really like how he’s progressing under Mou.

Last edited:
Official attendance (that's bums on seats not tickets sold) 49,202 the attendance figure for our last home FA Cup replay at Wembley was 38,947 (2-0 v Newport) so a pretty good effort for a wet Tuesday in January.

Those die-hard never miss a game fans at Newcastle? just under 27,000 ....

Jolly good fun that.

3 takeaways.
1: The Argentine bash brothers need to play more.
2: Tanganga is the real deal.
3: We are not allowed to or meant to just see games out. The moment we go on autopilot we concede. This has been ingrained in this squad for years and is something Mourinho has to work on.

Back
Top Bottom