FA Cup 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dreadful draw. I know we have a good record against MC but they are such a good team they are bound to win sometime. A lot will depend on who is fit and gets selected with a PL match on the Wednesday..Could do with another Friday fixture but bet that will not happen. It is not who we get fit but are they match fit and who is going to get injured before then. No Son, Biss or Sarr is a big loss and meeting them when they are back would have been much better.
Sayingwe would have to play them sometime is a load of crap. Had we beaten Fulham in the League Cup then we would have got good draws to the semi when we would have got Liverpool but we would not have played MC.
The official site highlighted our excellent record in the 3rd round but our record in the 4th and 5th round is not as good. A replay would also be bad

Well, if we ARE gonna win the Cup this year, SOMEONE has to beat City at some point... So why NOT us? Get it out the way early....

I'd rather face them in Round 4, than the Semi or the Final, that's for sure!

Last edited:
It’s a fantastic teaser for the season. City will go on a run with their injured players back. Hopefully we will do the same. If we beat them then it puts down a marker for the league season.

This is their 3rd priority competition. Given any luck we will catch them between key league and champions league games and they will play the youth team.
Man City, just like us, have a 2 week break before this game. Their next game after will be midweek, 4 or 5 days later at home to Burnley in the PL,

Well, if we ARE gonna win the Cup this year, SOMEONE has to beat City at some point... Do why NOT us? Get it out the way early....

I'd rather face them in Round 4, than the Semi or the Final, that's for sure!
Yeah, tear the cover off and get it out the way. Beat them now and get the squad sold on the idea - this is the year we win it. Fuck City, they're shit at WHL.

3rd May 2015 they beat us 0-1 at The Lane, this was their last victory in N17 (they beat us twice at Wembley ).

At the new stadium
L 1-0
L 2-0
L 2-0
L 1-0
L 1-0

five games, 5 losses and no goals scored. The last goal they scored at The Lane was on 26th Sept in a game we beat them 4-1.
Had a look at this as well myself.

14-4-16 record v City since the takeover in 2008 is seriously impressive.
But since Guardiola came in we are 7-3-8 against Pep.

Back
Top Bottom