Everton vs Spurs - Sunday, November 7 14:00 GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I would prefer Ndombele on the wing compared to Lucas. Less protection for Emerson, but Ndombele provides more creativity and is probably a better finisher.
I don't think it's makes a huge difference in terms of width either, as Lucas tends to come quite narrow.

Replacing someone further forward is pretty much the only option in this setup tbh. There's no way Ndombele can play in a midfield two unless Conte works his magic and he changes his game dramatically, otherwise we'd be left with a big hole in the middle of the park.

I quite like that, tbh. Can't stand the sky commentary and usually turn it down. They used to get Sissoko and Ndombele mixed up all the time too.
I watch it in italian or french. Can't stand english commentary, and the albanian ones are useless (apart from one lad, but he hardly commentates football this days).

Not surprised neither Ndombele or GLC start. With only two central midfielders we need balance, and whilst Skipp & Hojbjerg have limitations they put in a shift and will offer some defensive cover. Vitesse were running through us at times even with those two, you put an Ndombele in there and it could get ugly.
Vitesse targeted Royal and I fear Digne is gonna do some damage today.

Pages of pages upon pages of talk about "shoulda got Conte" (or insert another highly rated manger); 5 days and 1 win later:

"He's wrong; I'd have picked X"

Priceless! :dawsonlol:

Royal was great v Vitesse. He's settling in, but you can see that the guy has talent. Didn't help that his first game was v Zaha, which gave a terrible impression of him.

Not surprised neither Ndombele or GLC start. With only two central midfielders we need balance, and whilst Skipp & Hojbjerg have limitations they put in a shift and will offer some defensive cover. Vitesse were running through us at times even with those two, you put an Ndombele in there and it could get ugly.
Rather see ndombele in for Lucas and more of a 3-4-1-2.

Yeah Conte is all about consistency snd balance. Unless it isn’t working he will stick with it. If these 11 do what they are told snd deliver they are safe. Some will fuck up, get attitude, get injured, or get exploited by opposition causing a problem Conte will fix with subs who may then take their chance.

It’s s good thing.

Yep, that big ol' pocket of space that he leaves can be exploited for sure. Luckily there's no Calvert Lewin for Digne to aim his crosses at, so we'll be relying on our defenders winning their duels. Always a risky one as all 3 of them aren't really totally reliable.

Replacing someone further forward is pretty much the only option in this setup tbh. There's no way Ndombele can play in a midfield two unless Conte works his magic and he changes his game dramatically, otherwise we'd be left with a big hole in the middle of the park.
I agree with you, Ndombele in a middle 2 is recipe for disaster as he doesn't work hard enough to get back.
Perhaps Conte could change it to 3-5-2 if he wants Ndombele to play? He has used both 3-4-3 and 3-5-2 in recent years.
The disadvantage of 3-5-2 is that the wing backs can't do quick overlapping runs, linking up with a winger to get behind the opposition full back. Emerson in particular needs that, as Doc as pointed out before.

Pages of pages upon pages of talk about "shoulda got Conte" (or insert another highly rated manger); 5 days and 1 win later:

"He's wrong; I'd have picked X"

Priceless! :dawsonlol:
I wanted Conte, and trust his judgement, but it may take him some time to finalise his best XI. He's only seen a few training sessions.

I think Tanganga is better than Davies in a back 3. That's my opinion.

I agree with you, Ndombele in a middle 2 is recipe for disaster as he doesn't work hard enough to get back.
Perhaps Conte could change it to 3-5-2 if he wants Ndombele to play? He has used both 3-4-3 and 3-5-2 in recent years.
The disadvantage of 3-5-2 is that the wing backs can't do quick overlapping runs, linking up with a winger to get behind the opposition full back. Emerson in particular needs that, as Doc as pointed out before.
He'll most likely change it if we're drawing or losing in the 2nd half. Dele/Ndombele/GLC for Lucas is almost certain.

Back
Top Bottom