Everton v Spurs April 3rd

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Stellini should have brought on a midfielder and moved to a 4-3-3 but in truth we could concede in any formation.

From the moment we scored we looked vulnerable.

Not even sure we had an attempt on goal im the second half apart from the goal.

A new coaching tean is essential, not that professional players should need to be taught how to pass a football.
I was being sarcastic. No manager will change the culture of Spurs because Daniel Levy doesn't give them what they need. I've went back to watch a few games of Conté and José to try and see what the 'Levy Lovers' are talking about. I found that both managers encouraged very attacking and direct play. It appears they defend alot because they bide their time defending to get the ball. Their players are positioned like a net and they sit and wait for the opponents mistakes. They allow no way through and at some point there will be a wayward pass. They pounce on that and attack as a team. It's not scientific, it's logic. They are conditioned to be super-fit so that they can get back even quicker than they go forward.

Our players are incapable of reaching the performance required by this system. You'll never get Davies, to be fast enough to track back and stop a counter. You'll never get Sess to cross while on the run with accuracy. You'll never get Hugo to play with the ball at his feet. Sanchez will always give away the unwanted free kick or penalty. Lenglett will always miss the one important tackle. Dier will always have the odd mistake in him and will always backpedal from a tackle when he actually needs to attack the striker.

We don't have a league/cup winning side. We have patches of brilliance followed by complete disappointments. We have Good Players, but they just aren't good enough. A side can get away with one or two of these players in non critical roles (eg Winger, striker, AM) but in critical roles you will be punished.

Levy likes 4th, this his mandates. 4th affords him the luxury of UEFA champions league money without the need to pay players 'UEFA champions league winners' salaries. It a win win for him. He needs to go. He is like the pit of a festering boil. He needs to be squeezed out. After he is removed some pain remains and the boil can heal. It takes time but we can then compete for honours again. For now we will remain 'Spursy'.

Last edited:
Lol,the pace this level is played at…. Keane was the fastest moving player. I’ve played football for 25 years with semi pros and people who had too much brains to waste it on going pro, and this isn’t world class pace we’re seeing here… you’re deluded if think that. These aren’t supermen. What they do best is keep running for 90 mins. Dier was slow as fuck, just covering the centre if the ducking goal, ffs.. lloris reacted like a Loris. Sanchez got out of the way. I’ve seen this video 30 odd times, already, it does not shower any of them in glory. It’s a shit show.
And why does dier have to rush out? You made that up. Just step to the fucking left! He could have got his head on it if he wasn’t trying so hard to block lloris”s view. Watch from goal view. Dier offers nothing.
Sanchez, btw, actually got close enough, but gets out of the way so he doesn’t get hurt. Like a fucking pussy. I’d be screaming at him. There’s no point making excuses for these guys. They aren’t good enough or committed enough.
But thank you for explaining your view of it.

Sanchez turned his back on the shot instead of running straight at Keane like the cowardly pussy he is

Lloris should have been on his toes waiting for a possible shot and could have made an effort but didn’t

Get rid of the pair of them

Losers

We almost got away with an undeserved win were it not for our management team who were totally outmatched by Sean Dyche.

The Lucas substitution was awful. I almost can’t see any reason to play him going forward unless he’s the last man standing. Surely Sarr, and retaking midfield, was the better play.

I presume Lenglet was pulled because Stellini was afraid of a second card. As mediocre/poor as Sanchez is in the middle or on the right, he is INFINITELY worse on the left as experience has shown us over and over.

Brain-dead substitutions.
The problem was not retaking the midfield,it was where we were trying to play from. If we had knocked it in behind them and played the game in their half we could then squeeze up and press them. They wouldn’t get out then because we will have a numerical advantage. When they went to 10 men we should’ve went 2-4-4 or 2-5-3 and move it quickly from side to side and the gaps would eventually open up and we could’ve picked them off. It’s not rocket science but that balloon of a manager had them drop deep when we never had the ball which is fucking ludicrous and try play out from the back which we are hopeless at. For as much as it’s Stellini’s fault for Monday we had a weak as fuck captain who should have told them to get to fuck up the pitch and go long till we got a grip of the game again. The players must take the blame too. 2 World Cup winners,a Barcelona player and an English international in our defence and they can’t sort it. Add in Hojbjerg,Perisic,Kane and Son and there’s another 300 caps between them and they don’t have the balls or intelligence to see what was needed. No cunt from Monday should be protected or immune from criticism. A total and utter disgraceful last 25 mins.

I've deep dived the first half on Spursplay , sorry for being late to the table. Things must have really turned to shite second half because I thought we did OK first half, not great but pretty much in control and created a few chances .
Noticed raking of Kulus eye , nothing given. Kane not offside called back and bad assault by Coleman on Perisic was at least a yellow, nothing given. I know it's all been said previously, just reaffirming from my viewing.

Sanchez turned his back on the shot instead of running straight at Keane like the cowardly pussy he is

Lloris should have been on his toes waiting for a possible shot and could have made an effort but didn’t

Get rid of the pair of them

Losers
To be completely honest, Lloris is the one I am least upset with. But he's the last line of defence and had to at least look like he tried. He was even standing two steps towards the shot. He had narrowed the angle. I don't believe he was unable to make a difference.

Maybe, maybe Dier was doing what he was told and forcing low-percentage shots into the corner, but if that's the case then it IS on Lloris to do his job and stop those. But neither looked like they knew what they were doing.

Sanchez. If he grows a pair of bollocks then all this is irrelevant and we'd have won. The other two take too long to make a decision in the moment they are given a harder job by that coward. Skipp and Kane would have blocked it, I have no doubt. Christ, I'd have fucking blocked it. Anyone who wanted to win would have blocked it. But he gets paid a fortune regardless, so why they fuck should he?

sAk1USQ.png

Look at Sanchez... Look at Dier...

Like I said, Lloris is least to blame, but he's still just watching it the whole way.

We didn't draw because of this goal. We drew because the team is not good enough, they couldn't capitalise the advantage against 10 men, they played crap for 90 mins, subs were crap, team management was crap. We aren't good enough, simple.

Lol,the pace this level is played at…. Keane was the fastest moving player. I’ve played football for 25 years with semi pros and people who had too much brains to waste it on going pro, and this isn’t world class pace we’re seeing here… you’re deluded if think that. These aren’t supermen. What they do best is keep running for 90 mins. Dier was slow as fuck, just covering the centre if the ducking goal, ffs.. lloris reacted like a Loris. Sanchez got out of the way. I’ve seen this video 30 odd times, already, it does not shower any of them in glory. It’s a shit show.
And why does dier have to rush out? You made that up. Just step to the fucking left! He could have got his head on it if he wasn’t trying so hard to block lloris”s view. Watch from goal view. Dier offers nothing.
Sanchez, btw, actually got close enough, but gets out of the way so he doesn’t get hurt. Like a fucking pussy. I’d be screaming at him. There’s no point making excuses for these guys. They aren’t good enough or committed enough.
But thank you for explaining your view of it.
what i don't get with these players is when they tryto block a shot they turn sideways so they reduce the area blocking the shot/ball, stand full on so ball has bigger area that can stop it

I don't know why people are getting themselves tied in knots and arguing whether who was culpulble from a goal from a 25 yard screamer from a fucking Centre back, I mean seriously 😆

We didn't draw because of this goal. We drew because the team is not good enough, they couldn't capitalise the advantage against 10 men, they played crap for 90 mins, subs were crap, team management was crap. We aren't good enough, simple.

I get what you're saying... But that's also what I'm saying. I'm just being specific about this one case where we weren't good enough. I've been protecting our players for a while (except Royal and Doc) and I'm just venting after a long period of holding my shit together.

I don't know why people are getting themselves tied in knots and arguing whether who was culpulble from a goal from a 25 yard screamer from a fucking Centre back, I mean seriously 😆
That's exactly the problem though, it should never have been a goal. That's why I'm fuming.

But, in general you're right, we should care less. I'll try.

That's exactly the problem though, it should never have been a goal. That's why I'm fuming.

But, in general you're right, we should care less. I'll try.

I don't see why people are over analysing a goal by a CB who is likely to never score a goal like that in his life, it's just one of those things...yeah some players could have been positioned better and maybe reacted better but it's not as if it's Kevin fucking De Bruyne and or it's not as if the shot was inside the penalty area, it's just one of those ones where you hold your hands up.

Now if you're debating over our inability to keep the ball and the way we invited pressure...

Interestingly it all started after a poor clearance out of defence up the pitch by Porro and straight to an opponent. A bit more composure and we may have kept the ball.
Sanchez , Dier and Lloris need to watch the video and ask questions of themselves. I'm not saying they were to blame but could they have done better. ?

I don't see why people are over analysing a goal by a CB who is likely to never score a goal like that in his life, it's just one of those things...yeah some players could have been positioned better and maybe reacted better but it's not as if it's Kevin fucking De Bruyne and or it's not as if the shot was inside the penalty area, it's just one of those ones where you hold your hands up.

Now if you're debating over our inability to keep the ball and the way we invited pressure...
We're not over-analysing it, it's just analysing it. The short and simple analysis is that 3 of our players weren't good enough. Any one of them could have stopped it. But we made a shit CB look like an elite CF.

The whole 'hold your hands up'/'can't stop screamers' is the mentality that got us here. Fuck that.

We're not over-analysing it, it's just analysing it. The short and simple analysis is that 3 of our players weren't good enough. Any one of them could have stopped it. But we made a shit CB look like an elite CF.

The whole 'hold your hands up'/'can't stop screamers' is the mentality that got us here. Fuck that.

You're still over analysing it, you could technically stop every single goal scored in existance and mark them down as players could have done better but it's pointless when it comes to screamers especially when they're 1 in 100 shots.

You're missing the point anyway, the real issue was that we couldn't keep the ball nor play out from the back especially after we scored, had we done that better then they wouldn't have put ourselves under pressure and that goal would have most probably been prevented - that's the mentality we need to be looking at not conceding speculative shots.

You're still over analysing it, you could technically stop every single goal scored in existance and mark them down as players could have done better but it's pointless when it comes to screamers especially when they're 1 in 100 shots.

You're missing the point anyway, the real issue was that we couldn't keep the ball nor play out from the back especially after we scored, had we done that better then they wouldn't have put ourselves under pressure and that goal would have most probably been prevented - that's the mentality we need to be looking at not conceding speculative shots.
*sigh* I just only want goals to be scored against us when everyone tries their best. That's it. Not when 3 people in a straight line don't. simple. Not over-analysing, not over-thinking, just simple opinion.

I think we need to be looking at both, actually.

FWIW, If you're not incensed by Sanchez's fake block then we'll never agree, so let's just agree to disagree.

I've now deep dived the second half. My initial observation was that Dyche had obviously got into his players as there was a marked difference in pressing and intensity. We had no choice but to soak it up initially. The playing out from the back I guess was to stop wave upon wave of Toffee attacks.
Moura looked rusty but was brought on for his terrier like pressing which backfired, but I understand the thinking behind the sub, we needed an injection of pace and tempo.
Sanchez again I understand why he came on with Lenglet on a yellow and committing another foul just before coming off.
Stellini was let down by his subs unfortunately.
To make more radical changes he may have deemed to risky.
Our players did look scared of taking the game to Everton but we did have chances squandered by Kulu and Porro selfishly.

Other observations Onama bashed Porro in the face with a flailing arm..no card.

When Kane was on the ground after the hand in the face incident, Gray deliberately kicked the ball into kanes body as he lay face down. That's poor conduct and deserved a yellow.
What was Harry actually booked for ?
I thought Romeros yellow was harsh in comparison to what the ref let go.

I've deep dived the first half on Spursplay , sorry for being late to the table. Things must have really turned to shite second half because I thought we did OK first half, not great but pretty much in control and created a few chances .
Noticed raking of Kulus eye , nothing given. Kane not offside called back and bad assault by Coleman on Perisic was at least a yellow, nothing given. I know it's all been said previously, just reaffirming from my viewing.
Saw all those and the blatant handball by Gueye that was a stonewall penalty.

Ref had no choice on the Red for Doucoure and Penalty he did give.

We were so shit against their press and athleticism in the second half. Everton knew they couldn’t press full game, going in HT level or up was clearly their plan.

Spot on about keeping the ball. I'm not sure if Stellini had anyone on the bench who could have helped ?
We have all said bring on another MF player like Sarr but that late in the game he may have been rusty....look what he did in the last game, inexperienced. !!
We didn't do ourselves any favours but we've been a tad unlucky these last 2 games.
A dodgy pen and a screamer has cost us 4 points!!
I know you make your own luck blah blah but I feel a little crest fallen on the outcomes.

Back
Top Bottom