Everton - Spurs - Feb 3rd - 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think the only change will be Sarr in for Skipp from last nights starting 11.
Johnson and Hojbjerg coming off the bench was a great decision and might be useful again.
Also love the fact when we need to shut up shop he brings on Dragusin and we end up with a back 3 on the ball and a 5 without it.
Tough game for us but any win there will be good due to how quick it comes after last night.

Everton are coming off the back of a tough run of 4 fixtures in 9 days (D/W/L/D) and sit 18th. They are winless in their last five league games (L/L/L/D/D)
Hate it when I see stats like that, first thing that comes into my head is "Doctor Tottenham will see you now"

Having said that think we will have too much for them and Richy is in fine form against his former employers, oh and Sarr should be back.

I'd go with:
Vicario
Porro
Romero
VDV
Udogie
Bentancur
Sarr
Maddison
Johnson
Richy
Werner
lineup code
[lineup]
Vicario
Porro Romero VDV Udogie
Bentancur Sarr
Maddison
Johnson Richy Werner
[/lineup]
Subs: Forster, Royal, Dragusin, Davies, Hoijberg, Skipp, Kulu, Donley, Scarlett, Gil (if he's still here?)

That's pretty much as full strength as we can go right now without Son or Bissouma (depending on how you feel about Sarr over Bissouma!)

That's GOTTA be good enough to more than hold our own up at Goodison...
I can't see Everton will adopt the same shithousery tactics as Brentford, but they will be just as stubborn to break down, so we've GOTTA be on it from the off...

Their fans will be in FULL HIGH PITCH woe-is-me mode, so we're gonna have to soak up all that first if we're going to impose ourselves on this game...

But we can sure as shit do it!

BTW, if you squint at that formation shape, it vaguely makes the outline of a Trophy...
Namely the European Cup/CL Trophy!

Just sayin'...

Last edited:
Maddison will not be effective for 90 + mins so quickly after yesterday. Let’s hope we can make full use of him whilst he is on the field to get in front.

Yep. Gotta make it count whilst he's out there.... Attacking subs are still pretty limited until Sonny comes home.
Vicario
Porro - Romero - Van de Ven - Udogie
Sarr - Bentancur - Maddison
Kulusevski - Richarlison - Werner

• Referee: Michael Oliver.
  • Assistants: Dan Cook, Wade Smith.
  • Fourth official: Andy Madley.
  • VAR: Stuart Attwell.
  • Assistant VAR: Harry Lennard

1QRMDvj.jpeg

Forster, Emerson, Davies, Dragusin, Hojbjerg, Skipp, Gil, Johnson, Scarlett

Yep. Gotta make it count whilst he's out there.... Attacking subs are still pretty limited until Sonny comes home.
Vicario
Porro - Romero - Van de Ven - Udogie
Sarr - Bentancur - Maddison
Kulusevski - Richarlison - Werner

1QRMDvj.jpeg

Forster, Emerson, Davies, Dragusin, Hojbjerg, Skipp, Gil, Johnson, Scarlett
I think these are right. Some are saying start Hojbjerg and BJ because they were such impactful subs, but I think they were impactful because they were subs. I don't think it works when Hojbjerg starts. BJ maybe, Kulu seems like he could use a break, but again, BJ seems more effective coming off the bench. I like the idea of giving the Son of the Dragon a start but which CB comes out?

Vicario
Porro
Dragusin
Romero
Udogie
Bentancur
Sarr
Maddison
BJ
Richy
Werner
lineup code
[lineup]
Vicario
Porro Dragusin Romero Udogie
Bentancur
Sarr Maddison
BJ Richy Werner
[/lineup]

Kulu looks like he needs a rest and I'm keen on BJ to build on a terrific performance and goal vs Brentford, dropping him would kind of fly in the face of Ange's philosophy of earning your place in the team. VDV on the bench to make sure we don't overuse him so soon after getting him back, other than that the team picks itself. Gonna be a tough afternoon but if we show up we will win.

Would love to have 1 game where the Oppo team doesnt get away with kicking shit out of us for 90 minutes, I dont even want a favourable ref - I just want someone who is fucking fair and doesnt let Oppo players get away with Murder!

Heheh, I'm chuckling with people trying to be original and putting Dragusin on here for either of Romero or VDV. Ain't gonna happen at this point, pretty sure.

Vicario
Porro
Romero
VDV
Udogie
Bentancur
Sarr
Maddison
Kulu
Richy
Werner
lineup code
[lineup]
Vicario
Porro Romero VDV Udogie
Bentancur
Sarr Maddison
Kulu Richy Werner
[/lineup]

I am almost convinced that will be the lineup.
I agree that Kulu was not at his best vs Bournemouth and for few times lack of straight-line-sprint-speed really showed, BUT this is tough team to face, and from the start I think we need more of a ball control and passing ability. BJ can come on against tired legs in last 25 minutes, sure. But Kulu has enough "in the bank" to keep starting position.

Ain't gonna be an easy game, but I do believe that Sarr being back will make a difference ;) . Ball will arrive to Madders and Werner earlier and this will open up some room for us.

Already can't wait the game; though as said earlier - whatever win with whatever result and whatever performance - I'll take it. 3 points is main aim.

I can't see Bentancur being in the 6 again, however with Sarr back it may work better than it did on Wednesday. Sarr is a must in our team, he's so important.

Everton will make it tough, and the crowd always make it hostile. Gotta silence them early.

Would love to have 1 game where the Oppo team doesnt get away with kicking shit out of us for 90 minutes, I dont even want a favourable ref - I just want someone who is fucking fair and doesnt let Oppo players get away with Murder!

No chance, not away at everton. They will target Maddison from minute one. In the home game against us DCL went in and smashed Romero trying to wind him up. Going to be a battle of wits against them and Michael Oliver. Early kick off too so who knows what will happen. Will boil down to whichever team fancies it more this one I reckon. Can see a draw but we need a win really.

No chance, not away at everton. They will target Maddison from minute one. In the home game against us DCL went in and smashed Romero trying to wind him up. Going to be a battle of wits against them and Michael Oliver. Early kick off too so who knows what will happen. Will boil down to whichever team fancies it more this one I reckon. Can see a draw but we need a win really.
Plus their fans call for every non foul or offside . Horrible bunch

Back
Top Bottom