Everton away - 3/11/19.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can we go ahead and dispense with the farce of refereeing in this sport and just start flipping a coin for each decision? I really think that random chance would be more accurate and consistent than this garbage.

So here's the issue. Gomes suffers an injury and Atkinson quite literally sends our player off after seeing how bad the injury is, which completely changes the dynamics of this match and has now potentially cost us points. I'm sorry but that's fucking criminal from the ref. He's sent a player off and instead of VAR getting involved because of some stupid backwards rule, it's now changed the match completely. We should have 11 on the pitch here. Fucking bullshit
It’s incredible. If he had waited and given a red, it would be the wrong call but ALMOST understandable. When he gives the yellow first, then sees the injury and changes it to red, that’s just a complete travesty. The Premier League has some serious explaining to do this week.

EDIT: Son can’t be given a ban here.

As predicted, 1-1 win
AccurateFlickeringJellyfish-size_restricted.gif

How to assess?

Another lost lead, another performance lacking in getting that 2nd or 3rd goal. We simply cannot finish games off, especially on our travels.

Players short of confidence, a manager hoping for a turnaround more than creating it.

It's better than a loss and losses batter confidence so it's positive in that regard.

Good to see Sessegnon and Lp Celso nearing full fitness but they will take time to bed in or we risk aggravating weak muscles.

This season is all but a write-off so it is partly damage limitation and partly building for next season in my eyes.

Whether that is with Pochettino or whoever fcuk knows but whoever comes in has to build upwards from strong mentality.

I want to slag off the players but what for.

I didn't see the game due to a combination of my birthday and IPTV networking so can I ask how was it on the ball?

Did we pass with any sort of purpose whatsoever? How bad was eriksen? Did Lo celso do much?

Is there any hope?
Happy Birthday. We were worse than ever.

There is no hope.

I don’t think Son will want to play for a couple of weeks anyway judging by his reaction.
Yet Maupay was happy to smack it into the net for Brighton, with Lloris's arm at a right angle from his elbow...
Why will Son need counselling and other players not so...? Are they SO evil they can play on in the face of such horror...?

Back
Top Bottom