Everton away - 3/11/19.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don’t understand how son got a yellow, then only when the extent of the injury was known was a red issued. Can’t book based on the outcome but the intent and challenge. That’s unless var said it was a straight red. Very harsh. I only saw it once and in that split second it looked like a cynical trip from son then one hell of a clatter from serge. For me having not watched it back I feel the force of that second impact is worse than the trip. It’s bizarre to say the least
A cynical trip is the epitome of a yellow card.

I know Mick but the lad must have thought he'd get more than 60 seconds. It's not his reputation at stake here but the motivational aspect for him. Imagine what he may have been like coming on for half an hour with a genuine chance to impress, far better than watching Eriksen lumber around.
Imagine him telling his family/friends he'd been named in the squad for today and that's how Poch let's him make his debut as a 101st minute sub....nice one Mr.Manager.
You would find fault no matter what he does, you want him gone and that's your prerogative, but making this a stick to beat him with is just daft.

I'm seriously starting to believe that it's 3.

Poch is just acting bizzarely and seems to be trying to get himself sacked with his team selection.

The conspiracy theorist in me would think that he's looking after Eriksen as they're both going to be ending up at the same place at the end of the season.......
Probably MK Dons.

I'll take it but first let me point out the error/fallacy/problem with this line of thought/questioning. Just because someone favors a certain position doesn't mean they must mindlessly defend or attack every decision. I'm starting to see that this is a common mindset. Reason and logic have no side so even PochOuters can look for justification in his choice. Being able to evaluated other sides of arguments is a hallmark of intelligence.

Now, that said, I fucking well can't see any reason within the typical range of substitutions. Just like I can't see any reason for Christian Eriksen to continue to get preferred minutes...or any minutes at this point. It seemed like there were many reason NOT to put Sessegnon in this game. Maybe Poch wanted him to soak up the passion.
Good reply and you are quite correct in your thoughts regarding defending/attacking Poch's decisions. There should still be room to do both regardless of your ultimate views on his tenure as club manager. His decision to select and stick with Eriksen today only makes me think he sees himself as also having a limited future at the club.

I don’t understand how son got a yellow, then only when the extent of the injury was known was a red issued. Can’t book based on the outcome but the intent and challenge. That’s unless var said it was a straight red. Very harsh. I only saw it once and in that split second it looked like a cynical trip from son then one hell of a clatter from serge. For me having not watched it back I feel the force of that second impact is worse than the trip. It’s bizarre to say the least

For me thats definitely a foul, maybe a yellow and never a red. It sucks for Gomes andI feel bad for the guy, but it was just unlucky. Son definitely wasn't malicious and no way we should've been down a man from that incident.

I don’t think he’s lost the plot at all

This is quite deliberate

When he first rocked up here I didn’t want him as he had never won anything

I was mugged off into supporting him as the team had a couple of good seasons despite him and still they bottled it and that’s down to his loser mentality

He’s showing his true face now dragging us down to further his own interests and Levy is as bad for not sacking the fraud
Didn't see the game but I saw the Son incident, fucking joke.
was the manager secretly happy everton equalised, it looked that way, hes not the nice guy we all thought he was, wolf in sheeps clothing.

The main issue from the game is obviously that Gomes recovers fully and can start playing again soon enough, but football wise it was wretched.
Both teams were devoid of any real inspiration or creativity and looked like mid table teams at best.
Good goal from Dele, well taken but it was the only real positive from a Spurs perspective.

Unrelated to the result that was probably our worst performance of the year. 4 shots, only one on target was the Dele goal. Just no chance creation. 0% chance Eriksen is better to have out their then Lo Celso at this point. All our good attacks died on Eriksen’s foot.

Back
Top Bottom