Everton away - 3/11/19.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gazzaniga

Walker-Peters -- Foyth --- Sanchez -- Davies

Sissoko -- Ndombele -- Lo Celso

Lucas -- Kane -- Son
I think that's a team perfectly set up to play on the frontfoot. It's a younger team and with players wanting to prove themselves.

We've gone from being one of the youngest sides in the league to one of the oldest. It's time to address that and frankly we concede every game so why not start with the defence. If it pays off the relationship Foyth and Sanchez could have allows us to move on Alderweireld and Vertonghen smoothly and Walker-Peters has done nothing wrong when he gets a chance.
Wow. I'm guessing you never played in a back four.

No offence dude but having Moussa as your one anchor is, at best, entertaining.

It said “just bring on the hammering already”
Two wank teams looking for meaning in life but I do think we are ahead in many ways. I include Poch in that.

Expect even more boo / handball calls (by more I mean frequency not volume). Toffee nosed witch dunkers ahoy...

Wow. I'm guessing you never played in a back four.

No offence dude but having Moussa as your one anchor is, at best, entertaining.

I'd take entertaining over sleepwalking into mediocrity.

We concede every game. That's with an experienced defence and someone who is supposed to be an anchor.

I'd take entertaining over sleepwalking into mediocrity.

We concede every game. That's with an experienced defence and someone who is supposed to be an anchor.
I meant entertaining from the perspective of the home fans but I agree that we need more audere.

Not so long to go now. Feeling good this week. Went drinking yesterday and will invite a couple of friends today for Halloween. The days are going by nicely, knowing that Danny fucking Rose can't play for us on Sunday. Will really miss the occasional shit cross or his braindead positioning. Hopefully Eriksen will be benched, what a sad decline he has hit. Throwing a party when his departure is confirmed.

Gazza
KWP Sanchez Vertonghen Davies
Sissoko Ndombele
Lucas GLC Son
Kane

I really believe we would play nice football with this starting line up. Sanchez needs game time to adapt, give KWP another chance and finally play our new players together. Sissoko at RB would be okay too.

If Poch pulls out another masterclass with, I dont know, Dier and Winks in midfield, I'm done with him.

All y'all sticking KWP in your line up need to lay off the drugs... absolutely zero chance of that guy starting. Not because he doesn't deserve a shot, but because Poch hates his fucking guts.

Has anyone considered that one of the reasons we don't have a reliable RB at present is because we keep chopping and changing and none of them are getting the experience to improve. We should choose either KWP or Aurier and stick with him rather than expecting an instant miracle each time they play.

If that’s the case then he should stick with KWP

I’ve had it with Aurier

If that’s the case then he should stick with KWP

I’ve had it with Aurier
Well he was sticking with KWP, before he got injured. Then he suddenly disappeared from Poch's plans even after he's fit, god knows why. To be fair Aurier had an excellent first game against Crystal Palace, that might have swung Poch in favor of him. I really thought after that game that this might be the breakout season for Aurier that we've been waiting for... I really don't understand how he could play like a top PL fullback in one game and then at championship level in the next.

There's no way we're not winning this game. Could be the first in a string of good results, upcoming fixtures look very doable. We've seen signs of improvement and away at Liverpool (one of the toughest games of the season) could've been a different result with more luck and a different selection. Only up from here.
What improvement did you see in the Liverpool game ?

This game & the Red Star game are so important.

Lose here and Poch could be gone. (not saying that's a good or bad thing.)

Lose to Red Star and we could be facing Europa league football come the new year.
Are you seriously suggesting that we will finish in the top 4 or win the CL???
We will be lucky to be playing in the Europa. At the moment, I can't even see a top 6 finish, much as I want to. Things don't turn around quickly enough for that. It takes time, patience, hard work and money. I will settle for staying mid table, out of danger and hoping that our management can sort out this awful situation we find ourselves in.

Are you seriously suggesting that we will finish in the top 4 or win the CL???
We will be lucky to be playing in the Europa. At the moment, I can't even see a top 6 finish, much as I want to. Things don't turn around quickly enough for that. It takes time, patience, hard work and money. I will settle for staying mid table, out of danger and hoping that our management can sort out this awful situation we find ourselves in.
No i'm suggesting that we could be in the Europa this season if we fail to make it out of our UCL group. So the game against Red Star is a "must win" otherwise we could end the group stage 3rd and thus be in the Europa come the new year.

Back
Top Bottom