European Super League OFF; Spurs face withdrawal fee

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you support the European Super League

• Total voters
And on the subject of a phoenix FC Hotspur of Tottenham never underestimate the apathy of the man in the street.

The TFC 1882 games, which were started partly as a protest against ticket pricing, would generally get 50-200 fans in attendance (apart from the Underhill turnout).

I recall when Mr Levy was looking to move us away from the Lane there was an anti-Stratford protest. Around 150 old school Yids blocked the gates, closed the high road and forced the away coach to take a different route to the ground. The following home game there was another protest held which was organised on FB where 300+ people said they would attend. 5 people showed (and I was one of them).

From a Spurs perspective, it’s absolutely pointless. We stand no chance of competing in this league against the very elite. We are just going to be that club that make up the numbers. Can any Spurs fan seriously tell me they are going to enjoy getting battered by the likes of Barcelona etc in this thing ? Come bottom or thereabouts every season in it? Spurs don’t have the muscle or the financial clout to compete properly in a super league. It would give others more ammunition to take the piss out of us even more. An embarrassment for football in general, but from a spurs angle, even more of a shambles. We need to get our priorities in order on the fucking pitch first

Expect the NTs would stick with UEFA (in which they have some say) as they really have nothing to gain from ESL while they would be at the mercy of the participant clubs for player releases.

PL might struggle to kick out 6 clubs, but dont think La Liga and Serie A will hesistate much. Add the potential restrictions on player transfers and possibly NT snubs for participant players and things could get difficult for ESL really quickly. I just dont see the ESL surviving as a standalone.

Will be interesting to see who has the last laugh.
To be fair International football has been in decline for years now. Don't get me wrong I love the World Cup / Euros when they come round but all those shitty qualifiers ffs. The whole thing needs to be reformatted. Nobody cares anymore.

do you really think higher revenue = greater team investment at Spurs? :levylol::levylol::levylol::levylol::levylol:
There would be no incentive for us to spend big

Enic won't care if we compete in this super league or not

They'll be happy just to be there and keep the money rolling in

so anyone deluding themselves that this will lead to spending sprees on world class players can forget it

There would be no incentive for us to spend big

Enic won't care if we compete in this super league or not

They'll be happy just to be there and keep the money rolling in

so anyone deluding themselves that this will lead to spending sprees on world class players can forget it

couldn’t agree more. We would be there to make up the numbers, nothing more.

Players, their agents, their parents are also a diving force behind all this with all their greed. Only last week we saw Haaland's agent and father take a tour of Europe's biggest clubs to find out who will be willing to bow to their 1 million a week demands for the player

Just imagine how much players are going to earn in this league. Vicious circle, players/agents/parents demand more and more money so clubs have to find ways to generate more and more money

Its just a shame not much of that gets pumped into the playing staff
Of course but what if this now means we can invest in top players and close the gap?

It wasn't so long ago we were beating Madrid. What if this league makes us more competitive?

I'm assuming there wud still be squad limits meaning Barca wouldn't be able to buy ALL the top players

sooner or later the ESL, would change its rules to allow relegation if teams outside the ESL have more world wide fans( = more money ) than a team in ESL then its one in one out

Forgive the self-indulgence but I have only sadness to offer right now. It feels like I’m finally shutting the door on a lifelong relationship with a club, and with a game, that has given me more than 50 years of excitement, joy, pain and sorrow.

It’s over, I’m still fond of the old girl, of course i am after all these years, but if I’m honest I no longer love her. Tbh I can’t even be in the same house as her any more. Shes changed too much over the years - perhaps I should have changed with her but I haven’t been able to.

I didn’t renew my season ticket last year, because of how my club was treating us and because I didn’t want to pay to watch the football that was in store for us. I was impressed by the new stadium, of course I was but, whisper it, I was surrounded by an ever-changing cast of muppets every week. I am embarrassed by the antics of the players and sickened by the greed.

I've tried watching lower league clubs nearer to where I now live but the players just do exactly what they see on the telly, only with considerably less skill. Anyway, it’s not Spurs and it’s not WHL. I’ve had a few one-night stands when I was low but I didn’t enjoy it.

so, that’s me out then, even outer than I was this time last year! Not that she (the club) or you care but it’s been cathartic writing it down.

I don’t think there’s a route back for me so I’ll be heading off to the golf club to see if they’re all still wankers there like they were 20 years ago.....

Players, their agents, their parents are also a diving force behind all this with all their greed. Only last week we saw Haaland's agent and father take a tour of Europe's biggest clubs to find out who will be willing to bow to their 1 million a week demands for the player

Just imagine how much players are going to earn in this league. Vicious circle, players/agents/parents demand more and more money so clubs have to find ways to generate more and more money
Makes me wonder what agents had a hand in this now actually,

I wonder what the players thoughts are now if they've been threatened with being banned from internationals as well as domestic leagues.

Mind blowing isn't it, makes you wonder why the fuck we're involved :levylol:

Back
Top Bottom