Europa v Champs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Preference

• Total voters
Doesn't matter what we think.... SKY/ITV have already convinced the world that if you're not Champions League, you may as well be in the conference, cos ALL your best players will be -advised' to leave, and you'll be floundering in mid-table (i.e. 5th place down) where you belong!

We may as well all go top ourselves if we don't reach the Holy Fucking Grail this season!

UEFA CUP WIN ALL THE WAY!

Fuck the Champions League theme tune!

If we win the europa league it will be the best party ever out in Amsterdam.
Doing both would make it even better.

I dislike this hypothetical. No reason we can't do both while rotating/resting players when they need it.

Of course thats the ideal, but I find it interesting to see where our fans priorities are generally.

As for rotating and resting, I think thats idealist. We dont have the depth of quality to achieve both while resting our best players.

Our biggest hope is that everyone stays fit, and no one burns out, because the moment we rest Dembele and Parker, we are out.

Of course thats the ideal, but I find it interesting to see where our fans priorities are generally.

As for rotating and resting, I think thats idealist. We dont have the depth of quality to achieve both while resting our best players.

Our biggest hope is that everyone stays fit, and no one burns out, because the moment we rest Dembele and Parker, we are out.
Considering Parker is often hindering our play, leaving him out won't have too much of an effect as Dembele is more than sufficient defensively. Take out Dembele on the other hand and we're fucked atm

Considering Parker is often hindering our play, leaving him out won't have too much of an effect as Dembele is more than sufficient defensively. Take out Dembele on the other hand and we're fucked atm

I would take Parker over any other one of our available CMs against Basel, or possibly Lazio or Benfica later. Same too for Chelsea and City in the PL.

He's first choice, and seeing as every single game from here on in is going to be a cup final in itself, I dont think we have the luxury of rotation, when your only other option is Livermore.

He's first choice, and seeing as every single game from here on in is going to be a cup final in itself, I dont think we have the luxury of rotation, when your only other option is Livermore.

He's not the only option though is he... :carrollwtf: :hudd: :holtbytongue:

Like Kalyl Kalyl said, Dembele is offering just as much defensively as Parker at the moment, that would easily allow Tom Carroll to get game time, and for Holtby to drop deeper if needs be. Not to mention the long range artillery that is Huddlestone.

He's not the only option though is he... :carrollwtf: :hudd: :holtbytongue:

Like Kalyl Kalyl said, Dembele is offering just as much defensively as Parker at the moment, that would easily allow Tom Carroll to get game time, and for Holtby to drop deeper if needs be. Not to mention the long range artillery that is Huddlestone.

Id love to see the fall out from AVB picking either of those three to play alongside Dembele in the semi final second leg away to Chelsea, in order to save Parker for the PL...

Id love to see the fall out from AVB picking either of those three to play alongside Dembele in the semi final second leg away to Chelsea, in order to save Parker for the PL...

Whoa...no one said anything about the Semi Final. Your assertion was that every game from now is a cup final and we can't afford to rotate.

We could have easily played Carroll or Holtby instead of Parker on Sunday, maybe even Thuddlestone if he was fit without Fulham offering much of a threat in midfield. There will be further opportunities to do this.

I fucking hate mutually exclusive hypothetical scenarios.

These threads never die.

Dont see why thats the case. Many people, myself included dont think we have enough depth of quality, or mental strength to achieve both.

For me, its a real choice of what Id prefer us to prioritise. And at this stage, Id like us to win the EL.

Obviously I want us to get both, but how is that any less of a hypothetical scenario?

I just thought of Bale packing his bags Modric style and fleeing away and super panicked. Then I read the comments and realised what an idiotic boob I was a few moments ago, , Apologies to all. It is better to fail aiming high, and a trophy is the pinnacle.

Except the league/carling/johnsmiths/capitalone cup :ade:

I just want us to win something. Even if it means Bale leaving I would still prefer to see us lift a trophy in Europe, and then get revenge on Madrid in that funny cup thing next season.

Back
Top Bottom