Europa League vs Gent (20.05KO)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Please stfu with the 'Wembley curse' nonsense, it has fuck all to do with the stadium, we are just not as good as some think we are. Our very best 11 is somewhat overrated to begin with, but our squad depth is just downright poor. A lot of work to be done this summer.
It's not a curse so much as it isn't WHL. It isn't "Home". The players aren't used to it and you lose that fortress like mentality. I'm concerned about next season.

they can tweet the fans were fantastic and all that bollocks but that to them to come here to england and get a result is a massive massive result to them and a massive massive embarrsement to us they are a mid table belgium team the more i think about it the more pissed off i get i cannot think of the last time we had a more shocking result to a low team in a position to win a big cup and be in the champions league and not care who was above us in the league

Fair play to Gent they executed a game plan well but I feel all three goals they scored had an element of luck and if you played that game 100 times with the same balance of play then we win by two or more 95 times , that's football that's life but for me Spurs haven't let us down tonight it just happens sometimes.

dier has been awful for weeks, yet he is still played infront of Wimmer, Poch has to get rid of his cross me and you're out attitude
Dembele should have been off early and Janseen brought on, yes Janseen I know its mad but we lack players who are used to scoring, I know hes not scored but when ball ws played into the box it was Kane against 3 defenders

Strange that corners are rarely converted , yet Citeh scored 2 from corners against Monacco the other day , and Gent scored from a corner tonight.
Eriksen's corners are consistently shit meanwhile.

Id rather see him balloon them into the stratosphere and it take 5 mins for the ball to come back down than i would see him fail to beat the first man EVERY FUCKING TIME

Yeah. Other than conceding twice and missing about a dozen easy chances, the players did just fine against a starting eleven that probably cost less than Lamela. Look forward to more performances like this in the future.
Feel free to disagree. You can't blame a player for an own goal. I agree with the poor finishing, but that second half effort was a good try considering the circumstances.

If this was Utd out we'd all be worrying about them now being able to concentrate on the PL.
Well that's how I'm treating it.
What's done is done, disappointed but far from devasted.

Can't fault the lads tonight, effort wise, but same old problems costing us.
Anyway we played well so I can live with it better than the first leg.

Keeping with tradition and hope Gent win it now. FA Cup will do me, if we play like that with 11 men, we'll be fine.

Melters can revel the night away for all I care, chin up the rest of ya's

COYS

They have but Poch sometimes doesn't do himself any favours

Whatever else is levelled at Janssen bringing him in after 88 mins in a situation like that is out of order

Feel sorry for the bloke

Janssen chewing at the bit to come on and make a difference.

We concede and then suddenly decide to bring him on.

Confidence destroying and insulting to Janssen tbh.

Never like us not be victorious but can't say I'm really upset by this result, challenging in Europe wasn't in this year's prospectus. Our chairman got his CL money, we had a look at the competition and gauged how the fans would take to Wembley, plus why should we allow Chelsea, Liverpool and Woolwich to have an unhindered run at the PL in the last knockings of the season. onwards and upwards COYS!!

Please stfu with the 'Wembley curse' nonsense, it has fuck all to do with the stadium, we are just not as good as some think we are. Our very best 11 is somewhat overrated to begin with, but our squad depth is just downright poor. A lot of work to be done this summer.

Actually, it's a much bigger pitch than WHL, and of course plays differently as there is more space in certain areas for certain types of plays. So, "has fuck all to do with the stadium" seems to be ignoring some pretty basic physics! We better learn how to play on a bigger pitch soon cause we're about to be playing all our games there : /

Again tactics and performance leave a lot to be desired.one dimensional if teams don't let us play our own game we haven't a clue what to do.we are not as good as we think we are.also we are not guaranteed top 4.we had a massive chance to progress in cl and we were left sorely wanting.will next year be any different?and no way will levy spend big unless it's last minute panic

If this was Utd out we'd all be worrying about them now being able to concentrate on the PL.
Well that's how I'm treating it.
What's done is done, disappointed but far from devasted.

Can't fault the lads tonight, effort wise, but same old problems costing us.
Anyway we played well so I can live with it better than the first leg.

Keeping with tradition and hope Gent win it now. FA Cup will do me, if we play like that with 11 men, we'll be fine.

Melters can revel the night away for all I care, chin up the rest of ya's

COYS
Spot on

The performance wasn't bad, we dominated and looked like our attacking selves. We missed good chances, but that's nothing new.

Gent defended well, and caused us problems. Granted we caused ourself problems as well.

The ref wasn't great, a few bad decisions. But Alli was stupid. The press will love this, but he needs a word from Poch.

Some people need to get off their high horse
People have a right to be damn right annoyed that we have gone out to this pile of shite
All i keep seeing is we had 30 shots , we were unlucky blah blah blah , if you have 30 shots and put 2 away how have you played well , the point is to put the ball in the back of the net

Back
Top Bottom