Europa League vs Gent (20.05KO)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How poor are without Rose? Incredible.

Have we been poor tonight? We've conceded two fluke, shit goals that had nothing to do with our LWB. We should've had a penalty, have had chances enough to score five (Eriksen, Kane and Son through on goal, plus many other), and they scored on a corner they should've never had. And we've been 10 men for 50 minutes.

If our CL campaign was at WHL we'd of qualified.

I'm not afraid to say I'm very nervous about next season at Wembley. Teams will turn up knowing it may be there only opportunity to play there.

What do you want me to do? Cheer them on? Nobody deserves unconditional support, especially not when they're the ones who continue to under perform at the most crucial times
You worthless apology of a supporter. You sicken me. If you support a team IT IS FUCKING UNCONDITIONAL. If it comes with conditions you are just an onlooker

So keep your opinions to yourself

Why do fans of Doncaster Rovers or Aldershot keep buying season tickets? For the cups and the European glory nights?

You're just a plastic copy of a supporter.

........we will for the foreseeable future be punching well above our weight.

I am not looking to dig you out. But that part of your post I'd challenge.

We support Tottenham. We are not Aldershot or even Leicester. Our "weight" is exactly where we are right now at the top challenging. Not necessarily winning, but challenging.

That's where we should sit. Nothing about our club is small. And we should not be accepting of being in any shadows or having to fight a heavyweight as a fly weight.

The biggest and cheapest trick of the Sugar and ENIC ownership is that they have thrown about a narrative that we are somehow plucky little Spurs and we supporters should be amazed to come 4th and anything else is a huge plus.

It's absolutely not true.

We have spent 20 years under performing massively and even longer period dipping up and down, but throughout those periods we have had chairmen doing very very well financially. board members getting richer and richer and a myth churned around backing up the plundering that has clearly gone on.

That myth being sold to us is that we are lucky to be where we are. That's completely untrue. We should be fucked off we are not the current equal of Man United. As not that long ago we were !

Last night was gutting. The away leg cost us dearly but we were by far the better team last night and the response from the players when we went down to 10 men was superb. It was my sons first live match and even though we went out, I'm happy that he saw a hell of an effort.

Bad finishing, near misses, sending off and some iffy decissions sure... but the overall performance was good.

The problem with this forum is the minute one negatron gets pushed off the site, e.g. Greaves646, or one gets converted, e.g. Sammyspurs, another cunt pops his head up and you've to go through and explain all the same facts again. It's a never ending game of whack attack with cunts popping up from everywhere. A thouroughly pointless, yet seductive, trap to fall into. And people think the trolls are the problem. At least they create a little excitement

Hope you guys aint too mad,we snuck in and painted our seats for tommorow night ;)
lg5yxYZ.jpg

Should have painted the whole stadium

You don't need one:
Weather warning - there is the potential for strong winds across London tomorrow with Storm Doris arriving. Rain is forecast for the morning but should be clear for the afternoon and evening, so please dress accordingly.

Storm Doris, who the fuck names these things ?

Whatever happened to strong wind , mild wind , pissing down etc.

If it's going to be a proper storm make it sound threatening at least.

Look at this crap from the BBC

Tottenham have already said goodbye to the Champions League this campaign. Unless they win by two goals tonight they will be also be waving ta-ta to the Europa League.

So if we win 1-0, we're out? Cant possibly win on penalties no....?

:avbfacepalm:

Performance was good and we should have won. Nothing like the poor CL matches. Too much to do with 10 men but they really tried. Should have put more of those chances away.

Fair play to Gent they executed a game plan well but I feel all three goals they scored had an element of luck and if you played that game 100 times with the same balance of play then we win by two or more 95 times , that's football that's life but for me Spurs haven't let us down tonight it just happens sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom