Europa League / CL Draw

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Depends what team we put out. If we don't put out our best available XI then I actually think Basel are more than capable of beating us. They've got some very decent players, if not necessarily household names.

Absolutely fantastic draw, just the one I wanted. It's probably the first bit of luck we've had oppo-wise in the whole tournament. Having had one of the toughest groups then the toughest 32 and 16 draw, we get a bit of a lucky break. I fancy us for our first european semi-final for nearly 30 years now. It's been too long, much too long.

It's great Chelsea have to go to Rubin Kazan before playing us, though I guess that will be postponed if they beat Utd in the Cup.

I hope Hugo plays in the away leg at least, the high line with Brad is worse than the Maginot line for the French. The enemy just go round it. :)

Decided to fly in style, with Swiss! Can't wait. Hope I get a ticket, but if not no doubt a lovely squire on here will get me one!

Depends what team we put out. If we don't put out our best available XI then I actually think Basel are more than capable of beating us. They've got some very decent players, if not necessarily household names.

...and as we all know, if the British (gutter) press/media haven't heard of them, then they don't count!

We can't afford to underestimate anyone at this stage, after all, THEY'RE probably high fiving in their Lederhosen that they avoided Chelsea or Lazio!!

...and as we all know, if the British (gutter) press/media haven't heard of them, then they don't count!

We can't afford to underestimate anyone at this stage, after all, THEY'RE probably high fiving in their Lederhosen that they avoided Chelsea or Lazio!!

Chelsea are a pub team....finish 6th and win the CL. Remember the Crazy Gang '88. Thats Chelsea.

And the only reason they should fear Lazio, is because they will all be stabbed pre match. After all, if it wasnt for shit refs, and shit lino's we would have actually beaten Lazio 3-0 and 0-1.

Fuck Basel if they dont fear us........saying that, last night didnt help...:klinsmann:

Great draw, rest all the stars for the second leg, Tottenham would never put in a shit performance away to a Swiss team in Europe, such an event is unheard of in our history.

Basel are so bad away from home it's embarrassing. They got destroyed by Zenit yesterday but as usual Zenit didn't take their chances (even missed a late penalty). Also got destroyed away at Dnipro just got a late penalty which they scored. Easiest tie we could have got.

Basel are so bad away from home it's embarrassing. They got destroyed by Zenit yesterday but as usual Zenit didn't take their chances (even missed a late penalty). Also got destroyed away at Dnipro just got a late penalty which they scored. Easiest tie we could have got.
Good points. This is a major boost for us, getting them.

Back
Top Bottom