Europa League 2020-21 - Quest For Glory

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is the business end of the tournament, the 16 teams who are left, by definition, have something about them.

That said, if you are shitting your pants about Dynamo Zagreb you have no place wishing to see Spurs in European competition.

Bring them on. Bring the lot of them on.

It is a tougher match-up than what we have played so far in Europa, but far from a difficult draw.

I didn't watch the Zagreb-Krasnodar matches so maybe the score is deceiving but it sure doesn't look like they cruised past them at all.

Obviously we can get beat but there is no reason that we shouldn't be able to win this draw with our B team playing.
Checking who Tottenham played so far in EL, I think Dinamo is the the best team that you have faced so far.

Cruising past might be a bit exaugurated from my part. The first one was tight, but the Russians were playing at home in winter. However in the second game it looked like Krasnodar will not be able to create a clear chance even if they played an extra half while Dinamo was dangerous on the counter.

All in all, this Dinamo is no pushover. This is a team that has won against Benfica, Atalanta, drawn with Shaktar twice and got through top of their group with only 1 goal conceded.

Anyways, I don't think your B team will play. Mourinho needs the EL as it is not very likely that you guys are going to end up in the top 4 in the Premier League.

It is a tougher match-up than what we have played so far in Europa, but far from a difficult draw.

I didn't watch the Zagreb-Krasnodar matches so maybe the score is deceiving but it sure doesn't look like they cruised past them at all.

Obviously we can get beat but there is no reason that we shouldn't be able to win this draw with our B team playing.
The away leg Dinamo should have scored 5+.

At home we just toyed with them after going 1-0 up but didnt push too hard because we didnt need to.

The 4-2 aggregate score does not reflect the dominance Dinamo had.

There is a reason why Jose has won this competition twice. He takes it seriously. When other people look at other teams they take them for granted and come a cropper. Other people on here are making the same mistake as some managers who rotate their side expecting them to waltz through.

Jose won't mess about. It'll be as strong as possible in both legs here on out. He might rotate 1 or 2, but no more kids playing. Just making up numbers on the bench.

Jose knows full well that doing well in the EL will distract people from how shit he's done in the league.

Back
Top Bottom