Europa League 2012/13

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For the more poetic amoungst us surely we want Benfica in the semi's (if we both get that far :avbpray: ) and then we beat them with 3 offside goals.
50 year karma and all that. :parker:

Hmm... Anyone watching Anzi vs Newcastle?

I can really see why all those players have joined Anzi, what a project, what incredible football... They're building a great future, I'd be excited to be there.

yawn_4-1.jpg

I really want us to play Benfica if we get past Inter, preferably in the semi-finals with the second leg at home.

1962 still haunts me, the first time football broke my heart

The pictures of our great players on their knees after that game have lived with me for almost my whole life.

Absolutely fantastic draw, just the one I wanted. It's probably the first bit of luck we've had oppo-wise in the whole tournament. Having had one of the toughest groups then the toughest 32 and 16 draw, we get a bit of a lucky break. I fancy us for our first european semi-final for nearly 30 years now. It's been too long, much too long.

It's great Chelsea have to go to Rubin Kazan before playing us, though I guess that will be postponed if they beat Utd in the Cup.

I hope Hugo plays in the away leg at least, the high line with Brad is worse than the Maginot line for the French. The enemy just go round it. :)

Some uninspiring possibilities for QF away days. We could have got drawn at some god-forsaken war-zone hell-hole with Anzhi Makhachkala playing. And the possibility is still there as Toon won!

105435hp2.jpg

Group J

Tottenham
Panathinaikos
Lazio
Maribor

Group A

Liverpool
Udinese
Young Boys
Anzhi

Group B

Atletico Madrid
Hapoel Tel-Aviv
Viktoria Plzen
Academica

Group C

Marseille
Fenerbache
Borussia Mönchengladbach
AEL Limassol

Group D

Bordeaux
Club Brugge
Newcastle
Maritimo

Group E

Stuttgart
FC Copenhagen
Steaua Bucuresti
Molde

Group F

PSV
Napoli
Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
AIK Stockholm

Group G

Sporting Lisbon
Basel
Racing Genk
Videoton

Group H

Inter
Rubin Kazan
Partizan Belgrade
Neftchi Baku

Group I

Lyon
Atletic Bilbao
Sparta Praha
Hapoel Shmona

Group K

Bayer Leverkusen
Metalist Kharkiv
Rosenborg
Rapid Vienna

Group L

Twente
Hannover
Levante
Helsingborgs

If we finished runners up in the Group would we play Lyon ?
No.
Well we might still draw them but it wouldn't be a guarantee.

12 group winners and 4 best placed drop outs from the Champions League are seeded for the draw.

12 2nd place runner ups and other 4 from the Champions League are unseeded.

Think you can draw anyone but same country and for us Lazio.

Back
Top Bottom