Europa League 14/15 Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

SouthStand Billy SouthStand Billy Just so I'm clear. The reason the atmosphere sucks on Sundays is that it's harder to get to the Lane, correct? The trains don't run on the same schedule or something?

Sunday is a giant sports day in the States, which is why it's hard for us (me at least) to grasp how Sundays are a bad thing.

It is definitely a cultural thing. Football in Britain really took off as a spectator sport when the working week was cut from 6 days to 5 and a half days a week - hence the 3 o'clock Saturday K.O. This allowed the working man time to knock off at lunchtime, get changed, and have a few beers on his way to the match.
All the grounds were built in the middle of working class areas, so it was easy for the fans to attend matches. Sundays in Victorian Britain were for church and family. When these arrangements were in place, football as a spectator sport took off in a phenomenal way.

As SouthStand Billy SouthStand Billy says this was the tradition until Sky moved in, and pitched football to a new demographic, with more emphasis on a family environment. of course this is not necessarily a bad thing, but the atmosphere at matches has suffered as a result - particularly on a Sunday.

not bullshit...
this is their starting line up in the 4th round of the league cup...
  • 01 Davis
  • 22 Chambers
  • 13 Fox
  • 38 Reed
  • 03 Yoshida
  • 26 Hooiveld Booked
  • 09 Rodriguez
  • 18 Cork Booked
  • 19 Lee (Ward-Prowse - 57' )
  • 10 Ramírez (Gallagher - 79' )
  • 08 Davis (Lallana - 70' )
these are the starting line ups in the PL games before and after that game...
before:
  • 31 Boruc
  • 02 Clyne
  • 23 Shaw
  • 04 Schneiderlin
  • 06 Fonte
  • 05 Lovren Booked
  • 16 Ward-Prowse
  • 12 Wanyama
  • 07 Lambert
  • 09 Rodriguez (Ramírez - 69' )
  • 20 Lallana
after:
  • 31 Boruc
  • 02 Clyne
  • 23 Shaw
  • 04 Schneiderlin Booked
  • 06 Fonte
  • 05 Lovren
  • 16 Ward-Prowse
  • 12 Wanyama (Davis - 63' )
  • 07 Lambert (Osvaldo - 76' )
  • 20 Lallana (Cork - 84' )
  • 09 Rodriguez
he doesn't take them seriously.
No - I meant that by no way means he won't take it seriously with us - a Top 6 club always looking to win silverware

No - I meant that by no way means he won't take it seriously with us - a Top 6 club always looking to win silverware
could have made that clear & saved me those 5 minutes ffs! But yeah, I hope you're right, i know it's been done to death but i'd much rather a trophy than a 2nd-20th place finish

• Really looking forward to it this year. Think Poch will very much take it seriously. Think it might take something special to get top 5 never mind top 4 in the league. Good cup runs and attractive footie and I'll be happy. After the last 2 seasons of utter shite I just want to be entertained.
I'll admit I wanted the back of Harry but fuck me... I'd take his brand of football back in a shot.

After the Champions League draw, from 12pm UK time tomorrow:

UEFA Europa League

When?
Proceedings begin at 13.00CET and will be streamed live on UEFA.com.

Where?
The draw is made at UEFA headquarters in Nyon.

Coverage:
UEFA.com's new DrawCentre will have build-up, live streaming and reaction during the course of Friday. The draw is on Friday 8 August

Who?
The 18 automatic entrants will be joined by the 29 third qualifying round victors and the 15 losing sides from the UEFA Champions League third qualifying round.

Automatic entrants:
Apollon Limassol FC, FC Internazionale Milano, KSC Lokeren OV, FC Lokomotiv Moskva, FC Metalist Kharkiv, FC Midtjylland, VfL Borussia Mönchengladbach, CD Nacional, PAOK FC, SK Rapid Wien, FC Rostov, AS Saint-Étienne, The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur FC, Trabzonspor AŞ, FC Twente, Villarreal CF, FC Zürich, PEC Zwolle.

Seedings: The teams are split into six groups for the draw (five of ten and one of 12). Within the groups, an equal number of sides are seeded and unseeded in accordance with the club rankings established at the start of the season. Seedings will be confirmed on UEFA.com on Friday.

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2015/draws/index.html

Last edited:
France or Germany would be nice, how hard is it to get a ticket as a season ticket holder who doesn't go to away games?

Depends who we draw to be honest. Anyone half decent and close and it might be difficult, ground size could be an issue as well at this stage as we are only entitled to 5% of any ground.

Thanks.

I know a guy who has two season tickets and I often borrow his to go to games if he doesn't want them or I specifically ask, me and a mate have always been on about doing an away leg but haven't tried getting a ticket. If we draw someone in a country not too far from here I'm going to do it this time round, especially if it's somewhere decent like Germany.

One of these then.

Sweden Elfsborg CC: 11.265
Hungary Debrecen CC: 10.325
Cyprus Omonia CC: 10.150
Croatia Hajduk Split CC: 9.925
Switzerland Grasshoppers CC: 9.645
Russia Krasnodar CC: 9.399
Russia Rostov CC: 9.399
Croatia Rijeka CC: 8.925
Netherlands PEC Zwolle CC: 8.862
Belgium Lokeren CC: 8.760
Greece Asteras Tripoli CC: 8.720
Cyprus Apollon Limassol CC: 8.650
Ukraine Zorya Luhansk CC: 8.193
Kazakhstan Aktobe CC: 8.150
Cyprus AEL Limassol CC: 7.650
Azerbaijan Qarabağ CC: 7.575
Finland HJK CC: 7.435
Azerbaijan Neftchi Baku CC: 7.075
Romania Astra Giurgiu CC: 6.951
Romania Petrolul Ploiești CC: 6.951
Turkey Karabükspor CC: 6.840
Denmark Midtjylland CC: 6.760
Belarus Dinamo Minsk CC: 6.725
Poland Ruch Chorzów CC: 5.775
Bosnia and Herzegovina Sarajevo CC: 5.500
Belarus Shakhtyor Salihorsk CC: 5.225
Slovakia Spartak Trnava CC: 5.200
Croatia RNK Split CC: 4.925
Moldova Zimbru Chișinău CC: 3.075
Kazakhstan Astana CC: 1.900
Iceland Stjarnan CC: 1.350

Can someone explain how this works? united and woolwich higher than city (fuck them all)?
I'm assuming its an aggregation of multiple years, but then how is utd's cooeficient in 13/14 of 26 higher than city's of 22?

Back
Top Bottom