Euro 2016 - France

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How come that wheelchair cunt gets selected: Must have some pretty deep carpet burns on his knees!

Good decision on Rashford though.

England only play 1 upfront though - so for the 3 forward positions Roy's potentially got:

Kane
Rooney
Vardy
Sturridge
Rashford
Alli
Barkley
Sterling
Lallana

For the 2 centre back positions he's got:

Cahill
Smalling
Stones
Dier (which would the presumably mean Wilshere holding mid)

Seems unbalanced to me.

Wales Euro 2016 squad

Football

Posted at14:30
Here is the Wales squad...

Goalkeepers: Wayne Hennessey, Danny Ward, Owain Fon Williams.

Defenders: Chris Gunter, James Chester, Ashley Williams, Ben Davies, Neil Taylor, James Collins, Jazz Richards.

Midfielders: Joe Allen, Joe Ledley, Aaron Ramsey, Andy King, David Edwards, Jonny Williams, David Vaughan, George Williams.

Forwards: Gareth Bale, Hal Robson-Kanu, Sam Vokes, Simon Church, David Cotterill.

Anyone have a clue who Jazz Richards is??? :llorishuh:

England only play 1 upfront though - so for the 3 forward positions Roy's potentially got:

Kane
Rooney
Vardy
Sturridge
Rashford
Alli
Barkley
Sterling
Lallana

For the 2 centre back positions he's got:

Cahill
Smalling
Stones
Dier (which would the presumably mean Wilshere holding mid)

Seems unbalanced to me.
I think he'll go 2 up and a diamond in midfield, but your point of unbalanced is still valid. I think Barkley is a talent, but I believe he'd benefit from missing this tournament and hitting the gym for a bit of cardio instead.

Barkley has done very little for months. He was dropped near the end of the season, wasn't he?
He definitely is the new Rooney.
I'd say he's still got it in him to be a special player. Shame he's had a few years playing under that fucking charlatan Martinez. Get him doing two training sessions a day under Poch and he'd be unstoppable.

Much as he is average Shawcross should have gone as well. We need Dier at DM and he hasn't had much practice at CB of late.

Woy has top loaded the England team as if we are Brazil and can out score any opposition.

I'd say he's still got it in him to be a special player. Shame he's had a few years playing under that fucking charlatan Martinez. Get him doing two training sessions a day under Poch and he'd be unstoppable.

Agree, Stones and Barkley are far better players than the shambles of a season they have all had at Everton.

Much as he is average Shawcross should have gone as well. We need Dier at DM and he hasn't had much practice at CB of late.

Woy has top loaded the England team as if we are Brazil and can out score any opposition.

And if we are starting with one striker it is baffling.
Rashford was a winger at youth level and has looked alright cutting in from the right for United. Maybe that's a reason...

In a way it makes some sense, if you haven't got a strong defence go in with a squad that can live up to the "you score 3 we'll score 4" method.

Still will place a lot of pressure on Dier. In a midfield with Henderson and wheelchair Wilshere :dierno:

Back
Top Bottom