Erling Braut Haaland - The future of football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Come 2025 when another release clause is available to other teams (£150m) and he's won the EPL a few times he'll be off to Madrid.

At least, that's my reckoning.

30+ goals in the Prem this year is really not out of the equation.

Could he beat Clive Allen's 49?

He won't be at the World Cup so essentially a 4 week break to recoup a very packed schedule.
Clive Allen’s were in all competitions, not just the league. Cole and Shearer both got 34, which is the Premier League record

s-l400.jpg

After 7 consecutive years Kane never left my fantasy team (bar for long injuries) I had to replace him. This ogre is simply too good as a striker
Kane at City would score more. He wasn't top scorer in Germany... But wasn't 2nd top scorer either.

He is likely to be golden boot this year but a top scorer would

Edit.. He is very good but is with the top team which helps

He’s a beast for goals, but as a al round CF he’ll never be top top player. I mean the type of Benzema, Kane or similar.
He won't be similar to them, of course, as he's got other qualities than them. And he's still young so it's too early to compare him to those 2 now anyway.
However, in the end, what matters in football is to score more goals than the opponents and Haaland is doing that: helping his team to score goals, plenty of them. And he's also decent at assisting.
While Kane and Benzema are more dependent on vision, passing, ball-skills and moving around - and often far away from - the box, Haaland uses his pace and strength to his advantage - which may not look as sublime but it sure can be effective; and oftentimes even more effective than the skills Kane and Benzema depend on. Due to his strength, he can hold off players in the box and find space there which will be harder for, say, Kane and Benzema, to find and hold. And his pace makes him lethal on counterattacks.
But, as I've already mentioned, it's too early to assess him now - he needs at least a full season for Man City first.

He is a superb predator but as an individual threat he is not really there yet, I’ve actually been a bit surprised by just how peripheral he is in most matches.

Of course when you are being supplied by KDB, Silva, Cancelo etc you don’t need to do anything other than wait for the ball to come to you, he is a supreme finisher. I’m sure most opposing managers are focusing more on shutting down City’s creators than they are on Haaland himself.

Back
Top Bottom