Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dier is starting his coaching / management apprenticeship at Bayern, as well as contributing to the squad.

Learning in a new environment and methods, I can see him in coaching in the future.

Very classy and he looked far more emotional than I thought he’d be. When you think about some of the players who have come and gone who couldn’t care less, you really appreciate a player who really did give it his all. You could legitimately criticize his fit in the system and limitations on the pitch, but he always had his heart in the team and gave it his all which is far more than you could say about some others.

Lol. Skipp has only just turned 23 FFS.
23 is about the age you'd expect a player to be hitting their prime, but I think Skipp has declined if anything.

When you consider...
Udogie - 21
Sarr - 21
VdV - 22
Kulu - 23
Porro - 24

They're all starters and critical IMO at younger or the same age roughly.

23 is about the age you'd expect a player to be hitting their prime, but I think Skipp has declined if anything.

When you consider...
Udogie - 21
Sarr - 21
VdV - 22
Kulu - 23
Porro - 24

They're all starters and critical IMO at younger or the same age roughly.
That injury does seem to have done him in a bit.

A loan out for proper game time for a season would likely benefit him. That Norwich season must have been his favourite one. See if he gets his mojo back.

This thread made me emotional 😭 It was his time to go, but some of the players just feel like they will be COYS forever. His intelligence and mentorship makes me think/hope he will be back someday

View: https://twitter.com/JackPittBrooke/status/1745543441138733417

For Poch's first few seasons he seemed too good to be true. Bought for buttons, £4m, scored on debut at Spam in a 1-0 win, and settled into a fluid MF/CB with the team finishing 3-2-3.

Didn't Jose want to take him to United for £50m?

Rotten luck with injuries and that apendicitis

best of luck now

but I don;t have him as mgr coach material

That injury does seem to have done him in a bit.

A loan out for proper game time for a season would likely benefit him. That Norwich season must have been his favourite one. See if he gets his mojo back.
I just don't think he's of the quality to be classed as a starting player for us.
And that's fine. If he's happy coming off the bench and playing lower teams in the cups.

Players like Davies and Dier who provide a decade of loyal service deserve respect even if they dont attract the admiration of world class players like Kane.

Proper fans don't disrespect players like that. Only shit fans do. Sorry

There is another way of appraising player loyalty imo.
Kane was clearly a world class striker and nearly every top club would want him. He stayed with us for years longer than he had to, over which time he saw former team mates go to other clubs to earn more money, win trophies and enjoy a change of lifestyle.

Players like Davies and Dier do deserve respect for staying at Spurs so long but they had far, far less temptation or opportunities to go anywhere better. Apart from the Dier / Man Utd rumours some years any potential move they could have made would be to a mid table team like Palace or Wolves.

So when its all weighed I think there is a good argument to say that Kane was very loyal.

(Preparing myself for….. but what about the Neville interview!)

There's a nasty strain of Spurs fandom who think shitting on players who do nothing but give 100% for the club is some sort of positive quality - like they are keeping it real or some shit.

It's embarrassing.

Lets be honest it not that far from the truth but yes comes across nasty from that guy, Eric was a top chap nice guy but was riddled with mistakes and brainfarts and in general a liability sadly.

No one is questioning him as a person on and off the field , but as a player on the field he prob did only have 2/3 decent seasons , the first 2 he had dembele by is side too and many years after that one season under conte.

I think context needs to be taken, was he a good player - not really, did he constantly make mistakes / unforced errors yes ... Was he a top bloke and human being yes.

Last edited:
Lets be honest it not that far from the truth but yes comes across nasty from that guy, Eric was a top chap nice guy but was riddled with mistakes and brainfarts and in general a liability sadly.

No one is questioning him as a person on and off the field , but as a player on the field he prob did only have 2/3 decent seasons , the first 2 he had dembele by is side too and many years after that one season under conte.

I think context needs to be taken, was he a good player - not really, did he constantly make mistakes / unforced errors yes ... Was he a top bloke and human being yes.
He had long periods when he was a good player and didn’t make mistakes

Back
Top Bottom