Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ah, I actually now feel old (I hope I actually arn't - born on 1991 - but can already feel that I cannot drink like I used to like 5 years ago... so...) now thinking at Eric Diers career for Spurs.

I remember it so clearly when speculations surfaced of him joining. And I was like... "who dafuq is dat? Englishman from PORTUGAL?". He came in, made a debut. SCORED A WINNER and the only goal in the game while playing RB.

What better way to climb into fans hearts than to score late winner in derby-game?!?

Absolutely insane to think all that happened 9,5 years ago.

And then there was the last season at old White Hart Lane... when we went UNBEATEN at home... while Dier STARTED EVERY HOME GAME this season (missed just 2 away games across 38 games). Purely with that he wrote himself into history books.

He also played part in the biggest international success-story we've seen over long time when we reached the CL final. But this season he played lot less... and I guess this was the season where his downfall started and was never quite the same after that.

Well... anyways. Now he is moving to Bayern, and I for one would be pretty happy if he'd get some big trophies there with his mate Kane.

Once again - good luck!

Ah, I actually now feel old (I hope I actually arn't - born on 1991 - but can already feel that I cannot drink like I used to like 5 years ago... so...) now thinking at Eric Diers career for Spurs.

I remember it so clearly when speculations surfaced of him joining. And I was like... "who dafuq is dat? Englishman from PORTUGAL?". He came in, made a debut. SCORED A WINNER and the only goal in the game while playing RB.

What better way to climb into fans hearts than to score late winner in derby-game?!?

And then there was the last season at old White Hart Lane... when we went UNBEATEN at home... while Dier STARTED EVERY HOME GAME this season (missed just 2 away games across 38 games). Purely with that he wrote himself into history books.

He also played part in the biggest international success-story we've seen over long time when we reached the CL final. But this season he played lot less... and I guess this was the season where his downfall started and was never quite the same after that.

Well... anyways. Now he is moving to Bayern, and I for one would be pretty happy if he'd get some big trophies there with his mate Kane.

Once again - good luck!

1991? Almost an OAP

Impossible not to wish him well, even though I do think he should have been replaced a few years ago (a club issue symptomatic with our drop in standards from around 2018, I think) and I'm glad he's managed to get a move to a big club, and also glad it's not an English club.

My overriding memories of Dier on the pitch was organising our defence after Toby went off injured in the Madrid game at Wembley - he was outstanding that night - and the 2-2 'Battle of the Bridge' game - taking out Hazard and Fabregas and generally running around the pitch just looking for it.

Good luck in Munich.

Classic Tv Nostalgia GIF by Sony Pictures Television

Seriously WTF...loan?
Fabrizio said it was a loan and now he had stated its a permanent deal... phew

Once again - good luck!
1991? I was a lot older then than you are now!

Bullshit and disrespectful.

Yea, he was not what we really needed in last 3 years, but to go back and try to rewrite everything into poor time is fucking sad.

He was good servant, he tried his best and deserve respect for it.

Not his fault that club made bad decisions on CB recruitment (Wimmer, Chiriches, Sanchez) and at times totally ignored the position. He should have been outplayed by competition when his levels dropped, but he was not. It tells more about competition than about him.

And this season too - he actually was ready to step up and play whenever needed, despite Ange obviously not fancying him.
I don't understand, where does the urge to say shitty things comes from? How bitter one has to be...

Yep. Unfortunately there are pricks in this world who are probably jealous of him. I doubt he’d give them a second thought. He on the other hand just seems a nice unassuming family guy. Not the normal footballer. In fact, football could do with more people like Dier and not less of them.

Wish him well.. always thought he did the best he could... unfortunately he was one of the first ish high profile prem. right footed center backs to be exposed playing on the LHS..the fans never appreciated he was taking one for the team .. and unfortunately our fan base never got over it... As I said wish him well

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom