Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just saw the 2nd goal. Wtf kind of defending was that. He basically just ushered Rashford past him.

I’m guessing he was afraid of letting Rashford cut in but he had Davies and a few other players close enough.

This club is going nowhere with this guy playing a part.
It’s because he is absolute food for attackers in 1v1 situations. A front foot team who wants to dominate opponents goes nowhere fast if your CB’s are useless 1v1/sweeping up the channels; See holding at Woolwich and Maguire at Man Utd.

I'm still mindblown about how he missed that header...like...wtf dude. How is he professional?
Not the first either. I remember a nearly identical one under... Mourinho?

I would get Harry Maguire cheap for next season. Also Connor Coady, Yeri Mina, Everton, both better than Dier. Thing I dislike most about Dier is his turning his back with arms behind, makes him smaller and unaware of what to block.
If your hands are behind you, not even the most hostile ref can give a pen against you so why turn your back?? You're ugly enough so don't worry about your looks!
That miss was criminal today.
Every single one of those guys are garbage like Dier

The Eric Dier contract situation is where not having a DoF & Head Coach in place is hurting us.

If we had Rangnick & Nagelsmann in place, they have enough evidence to make a judgement on whether he should be part of our squad. If not, then don't offer him the new, lucrative, contract.

At the moment, Levy is the decision maker, and that's scary.

The Eric Dier contract situation is where not having a DoF & Head Coach in place is hurting us.

If we had Rangnick & Nagelsmann in place, they have enough evidence to make a judgement on whether he should be part of our squad. If not, then don't offer him the new, lucrative, contract.

At the moment, Levy is the decision maker, and that's scary.

Conte would have agreed to a new contract for him.

Yes, because Conte kept playing him for whatever reasons.

My point is about the future. Will the new head coach play Dier regularly?

If not, Levy should not be signing him to a new, long term, deal.

I agree but the point is another manager may also see value in keeping him around; the "Levy/scary" thing is moot.

I really wanted to like him...
He's a cultured, articulate, bi-lingual modern player, with European football experience from a young age...
He SHOULD be the real deal...
He COULDA been our Beckenbauer....
Yet he's become a 21st Century Guy Butters!!!

Go figure.... Only Spurs could do that to a cultured CDM, eh?

Back
Top Bottom