Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Btw Dier has some fucking nerve...

Mauricio Pochettino has confessed that he is in disagreement with Eric Dier over what his best position should be in the Tottenham Hotspur side.

The 23-year-old has been adamant in the belief that his ideal role is sat in front of the back four as a defensive midfielder where he first came to prominence in the Spurs side that went so close to winning the Premier League in 2015/16.

However, the Tottenham boss thinks differently as he sees Dier in the heart of the backline proclaiming his player has the ability to be the best centre-back in England.

"Eric thinks he's further ahead as a midfielder than as a defender" the Argentine said in quotes reported by ESPN FC from his new book Brave New World: Inside Pochettino's Spurs.

"We had a long chat about that because I disagree. Ive told Eric he has what it takes to be the best English centre-back but he has to be convinced of that himself.

So now after getting fat and playing like utter crap for a few seasons he changes his mind and concedes he can't fucking run so his best bet is as a CB that any normal person could see a mile off. Gone are the days of him thinking his fucking Pirlo and continuously trying to execute that Hollywood pass.

It was.
But he’s clearly giving up on it, probably due to fitness.
If Dier said he wants to play striker does that mean he’s not a DM?
I find it hilarious that you continuously cry about him not being played in midfield and the player comes out with a statement saying he would rather not play there lol. Quit crying now please.

I find it hilarious that you continuously cry about him not being played in midfield and the player comes out with a statement saying he would rather not play there lol. Quit crying now please.
I dont care where he would rather play.
We don’t need a 6th choice CB, we need him to play DM or not at all

Everyone keeps saying lets sell him, lets sell him. Fair play, but who would buy the twat? We’d have better luck selling dogshit by the pound, than having him sold to any PL teams.

Levy needs to round up a list of League 2 teams who might be in the lookout for a human version of a tortoise.

Last edited:
I disregarded them as they don’t suit my agenda

I can admit it though
Agendas can evolve into doctrines if you're not careful. Next thing you know, he'll be Eric Dier, The Messiah.

Must admit, it's got a nice ring to it. I feel a Hare-Krishna-style chant coming on...

Eric Dier
Take me higher.
Eric Dier
The Messiah.

Eric Dier
He's on Fire.
Eric Dier
No-one will buy her.

I aspire
To be Dier.
Eric Dier
He's currently dire.

gPgpWR5.jpg

He's not The Messiah...

Edit:
Eric Dier
The Messiah
I aspire
To be Dier.

Last edited:
He himself has realised that as a DM he'd be lucky to play for a top half prem team if that. Just lacks the basic poise and mobility. You don't need to be a wizard but take for example Parker. Nimble and agile enough to move his body whilst using his tough tackling skills.

His size makes it harder. Stay at CB and there's a future as a squad player in a top 6 team if he stays fit and plays well.

But as a fourth choice, surely he's fine?

Why in the world should we keep a player with cosiderable wages and market value as our 4th choice?

We could sell him for 35 mil (for sure some relegation-fighter like Wet Spam etc) would be up to pay it, and we'd get like 100k off the wage bill. We could get better defender for 15 + 50k per week. Extra 20m + 50k per week could go into signing starting CB to be paired up as Sanchez.

On top of all that - based on the last game (NB! not saying all in all but in this one game) he wouldn't be even good enough even for 4th choice. If we'd want to gift away 2 goals then random academy product would be fine to be used.

Why in the world should we keep a player with cosiderable wages and market value as our 4th choice?

We could sell him for 35 mil (for sure some relegation-fighter like Wet Spam etc) would be up to pay it, and we'd get like 100k off the wage bill. We could get better defender for 15 + 50k per week. Extra 20m + 50k per week could go into signing starting CB to be paired up as Sanchez.

On top of all that - based on the last game (NB! not saying all in all but in this one game) he wouldn't be even good enough even for 4th choice. If we'd want to gift away 2 goals then random academy product would be fine to be used.

1. He can play in a variety of positions, which is just smart for depth.

2. He actually has potential at centre back. It's his best position and our staff have neglected his development over the last 3 years.

3. We aren't getting £35,000,000 for him.

Dude, relegation strugglers don't spend 35m on DMs. :harrylol:

He's also allegedly on 60kpw not 100kpw.

Back
Top Bottom