Episode 25 discussion ideas

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thelonious

The Fighting Cock
Thelonious World Peace
What would you like us to discuss this week, we're recording tomorrow so try and get your suggestions in as quickly as possible.

Is Dos Santos destined to be the next Kevin Prince Boateng / Freddie Kanoute and become a top quality player at a different club?
Or will he just fade into obscurity like Helder Postiga (been at 6 clubs since he left Spurs!)

Why do these players not come good at Spurs - because of the club or the league, are they are just not suited for the English game?

What would you rather we won, the CL or the League. The league get's played over 38 games and is probably a truer indication of a teams ability, but the CL get's played against the best teams in Europe (quite possibly the world). And it's a cup... and we're Tottenham so we like cups.

FA Cup. Seeing as the games are at weekends and we don't have european fixtures from now on, should we play our strongest team in these games? I'd rather play a stronger team and win without playing a replay...

YidoBuckler said:
FA Cup. Seeing as the games are at weekends and we don't have european fixtures from now on, should we play our strongest team in these games? I'd rather play a stronger team and win without playing a replay...

I know this question was fielded for the guys on the podcast, but I expect Harry to play a reasonably strong side in the FA Cup. I think the reason it was a complete reserve side is because we have Everton on Wednesday to think about.

I'd still expect players like Kranjcar, Pienaar, Pavlyuchenko, Rose and Defoe to get starts in the FA Cup though because they may need to play some league games if a player gets injured for a while, and they need to have had games to stay match fit.

Could Aaron Lennon beat a giraffe or a zebra in a race?

Would you want Ba for £5m? And what do you make of 'Arry talking about the release clause

Seeing as re-signing old players seems all the rage, what one player in Spurs' history would you add to the current team if you could? (in their prime of course!)

A Wolves preview!

T to do the John Barnes rap!!!

With 'Arry's court case only around the corner and the possibility of him serving some time at her majesties pleasure who would you want to take over now Ancelotti has gone to PSG?

I know it's a very theoretical question, but I've had this conversation with mates at games before, and it never got resolved, so I'd be interested to see what you lot think.

Imagine we desperately need money to pay off debts (or Harry's fine) and have to sell Modric or Bale. Who would you rather see go? And why? Is one more replaceable than the other?

Question from NorthernWrites (on Twitter)

@LoveTheShirt Is it possible to be positive, without being overly expectant - though expect us to win - and still be a Spurs fan?

Is it just bad luck we get lots of injuries or is it a combination of poor medical and fitness staff and lack or rotation in league games?

Thelonious said:
I think it's partly luck, not many of the injuries are fatigue related.

in a way, i think they are. our first 11 has been playing at 100% for most of the season, we aint got the depth to rest many players, and so they have to be at it all the time, this is where the tears and strains kick in as they work their bodies to the maximum for too long, there is no way round this for us, few teams in the epl can do it, in fact, only city. barca would struggle to play their football if they didnt get to play teams at half pace so often. as we progress [hopefully] we might build up our squad a bit but its difficult.

NO1JIB said:
Thelonious said:

in a way, i think they are. our first 11 has been playing at 100% for most of the season, we aint got the depth to rest many players, and so they have to be at it all the time, this is where the tears and strains kick in as they work their bodies to the maximum for too long, there is no way round this for us, few teams in the epl can do it, in fact, only city. barca would struggle to play their football if they didnt get to play teams at half pace so often. as we progress [hopefully] we might build up our squad a bit but its difficult.
Fair enough, not sure how we combat this. Samba won't want to sit on our bench for example, a lot of our fringe players have barely been fit this season. Niko was out for a couple of months, Pav (and maybe GDS) are about the only ones who've remained fit and not got starts.

I think it's down to luck really, we want to get in more players but would any player coming in want to fight for a place, and would those players be good enough to improve us at the same time? That's the conundrum that Harry (or whoever replaces him) have to solve.

Thelonious said:
NO1JIB said:
Thelonious said:

Fair enough, not sure how we combat this. Samba won't want to sit on our bench for example, a lot of our fringe players have barely been fit this season. Niko was out for a couple of months, Pav (and maybe GDS) are about the only ones who've remained fit and not got starts.

I think it's down to luck really, we want to get in more players but would any player coming in want to fight for a place, and would those players be good enough to improve us at the same time? That's the conundrum that Harry (or whoever replaces him) have to solve.

fuck knows how we combat the situation, multi billionaire dodgy owner ? but it shows how well we've done this season to challenge the megabucks and/or CL regulars, no one else has done it twice, everton and villa had a pop once each but ended up weaker for it long term as their better players got noticed and sold.

The amount of hamstring/calf injuries we get is a fucking joke.

It's not as bad when a player gets on the receiving end of a ankle breaking challenge - at least you can see how they got injured.

But what we do in training on a Friday that results in all these injuries is beyond me.... :wall:

Back
Top Bottom