ENIC/Levy In/Out 2022

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In or Out?

• In

Votes: 89 80.9%
  • Out

Votes: 21 19.1%

• Total voters
Voted 'in,' haven't read the thread but either levy has learnt from his mistakes or is just not great at multitasking and is alright when he gets round to things, maybe there is/was a plan.

I have changed my mind about him, sometimes it's nice to be proved wrong.

Voted 'in,' haven't read the thread but either levy has learnt from his mistakes or is just not great at multitasking and is alright when he gets round to things, maybe there is/was a plan.

I have changed my mind about him, sometimes it's nice to be proved wrong.
Fair enough. Although one transfer window, albeit promising so far, isn't enough for me to wipe away over 20 trophyless years and banter status a club of our size and stature should never have had to endure.

The disgraceful 2018-2019 cop out when we squandered all of Poch’s hard work while simultaneously raking in world record profits still leaves a whiff of suspicion and doubt for me, as do so many other actions and words that are too numerous to put into one post in this thread.

Remember. We still haven't won anything. I'm as open as anyone to changing my mind. But I need to see sustained results and squad investment before I jump the fence ,mate.

Fair enough. Although one transfer window, albeit promising so far, isn't enough for me to wipe away over 20 trophyless years and banter status a club of our size and stature should never have had to endure.

The disgraceful 2018-2019 cop out when we squandered all of Poch’s hard work while simultaneously raking in world record profits still leaves a whiff of suspicion and doubt for me, as do so many other actions and words that are too numerous to put into one post in this thread.

Remember. We still haven't won anything. I'm as open as anyone to changing my mind. But I need to see sustained results and squad investment before I jump the fence ,mate.
Good points.

It is nice to be excited about spurs again tho. I do feel like, it's actually this season (with a bit of luck) rather than the eternal 'next season.'

Good points from both sides of the debate. Very few people get it right every time, and by the same token, few always get it wrong.
All I know is that for the first time in ages, I'm really hopeful and excited for the forthcoming season. It may all end in tears, but I'm choosing to be optimistic, which is probably inviting trouble.
I'm happy flying under the radar with the media, let's hope that when it comes to the business end of the season, we'll have made a lot of so-called experts eat their words.
I think we've been patient enough, let's go and bury the opposition and critics. We need to start believing we can be successful.

Last edited:
Even though I'm Levy in it's good to read some reasoned argument on the other side as Mrs P says. I know he's not perfect as a chairman but I believe the infrastructure he's built (not just tangible things like the stadium) allows us to be competitve in an environment where very few clubs outside of the oil money are. The stature of the club is now of that where we can hire a top 5 manager in the world, a quality DoF and recruit top level players.

It was a make or break summer for Levy imo and so far it's looking good.

Did we not win anything because of lack of investment, or was it because we blew it? We've been in 3 finals, one of them being the CL, and countless semifinals in the past few years. The fact that we even got to them means we had a capable squad. The fact that we didn't win any of them is down to the manager, the players, and luck. It's not like we fielded ENIC's board of directors in those games. So spare me this tired "we haven't won a trophy, because ENIC didn't spend" argument.

As for investment, I don't know how many times it needs to be pointed out that when we had the resources we spent. If you want to complain, complain about the fact we didn't spend well. Complain about the fact that we didn't have top notch scouting and data analytics to identify and evaluate players properly. That's what I'm really pissed off about, because that was well within our means to establish.

But hey, if it gives you a rise to just keep rehashing the same old cliche of "we don't fucking spend, waaah," it's a free speech forum, so go for it. Don't be surprised or insulted if you are not taken seriously, however.

Last edited:
We've wanted the bald cunt out!!

But Levy in!! or innish...?

We needed a second striker...we got a very decent second striker with Richarlison
We needed a leftwingback...we got Perisic (old but not that old)
We needed a CM really really bad...we got one of the best CMs out there with Bissouma
We needed RB and now we have a very decent young RB with Spence.
We dont talk about forster. Who cares about forster.

Still need a LCB (cue the wrath of davies worshippers) and and maybe a longer term LWB instead of Perisic but this has been a very decent upgrading of the squad.

So well done to the ones in charge of this window . Feeling very confident about the squad. But then again i felt very confident that Ndombele would be great. :moursad:

We've wanted the bald cunt out!!

But Levy in!! or innish...?

We needed a second striker...we got a very decent second striker with Richarlison
We needed a leftwingback...we got Perisic (old but not that old)
We needed a CM really really bad...we got one of the best CMs out there with Bissouma
We needed RB and now we have a very decent young RB with Spence.
We dont talk about forster. Who cares about forster.

Still need a LCB (cue the wrath of davies worshippers) and and maybe a longer term LWB instead of Perisic but this has been a very decent upgrading of the squad.

So well done to the ones in charge of this window . Feeling very confident about the squad. But then again i felt very confident that Ndombele would be great. :moursad:
Isn’t Lenglet a LCB?

They've stumped up for Arguably best football stadium anywhere ... And for training grounds that are spoken about in the same terms. Now all thats needed is a team to match... Are they delivering? Tbh ... I wouldn't have backed Jose or nuno.. with poch The cost of the stadium was a serious draw back . Poch did amazingly well to get us in the champs lge.final and to keep us in the top 4 . BUT I was never convinced he could push us to the title... The last serious challenge I thought we had was with ari... ari wanted.teves and levy bought him Saha... that I've NEVER FORGOTTEN it was just dumb the law of diminishing returns I do believe.... My guts telling me.It's different with Conte I've not entered a season as positively as this for ....well since, well shreeves was a mistake... Burkenshaw put to gether a wonderful team ... That if he hadn't gone.. I'm sure they would have gone on and.challenged ...they did but not as heavily as. Perhaps they should have .. I rant on .... maybe since el tels days... Will levy and co dig deep again if needed? History says perhaps not ...BUT with stad to fill with shockingly expensive seats...and the lure of HUGE returns of champs lge I'm thinking/hoping yes...

You actually think they're paying for it themselves!! ☺️
No, NO business /man pays cash for things like this, it's all financed ...even transfers will be constructed debt ... Written down ect ect... BUT it's their risk.. IF It goes tits up.... Like it VERY EASILY could have done during lockdown, you couldn't have asked for a worse timing... they're left holding the can..

You actually think they're paying for it themselves!! ☺️
Does it matter if they paid for it themselves, or if they have put the club on a trajectory where it can pay for it through sustained revenues?

Unless you have an axe to grind, this is really an unnecessary comment.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom