England vs. Germany June 29th 2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

3 at the back with Rice and Phillips plus wing backs is what's being reported. So 7 basically defensive outfield players and 3 up top.

Hopefully not as that's a cowardly selection but seems to be what Southgate has planned.

3 at the back with Rice and Phillips plus wing backs is what's being reported. So 7 basically defensive outfield players and 3 up top.

Hopefully not as that's a cowardly selection but seems to be what Southgate has planned.
Yay...... That seems like it would result in another borefest.....

I literally fell asleep in the second half of the Czech Republic game.

Better than expected tbh....

I was geared up for a 532 with Rice/Phillips/Henderson.

That said; not great.

Good grief that's us out then. I say good grief, but nothing surprising. Reminds me of Spurs this season not playing to our strengths and Southgate will get fucking hammered if we go out with a toothless setup like that.

How happy will Southgate be this morning....... France out, Holland out.......... He now knows that if we crash out today the heat won't be as bad as it would have been if we were the first "big name" out.

He's going to go maximum safety and maximum boredom isn't he.

422186a3571b8d57e5206a081c2bc9fd.jpg

The key for victory is forcing the germans to play out from the back with Ginter. He is the weakest point of the german team and if he has to pass or cross from half-space that is the perfect opportunity to counter (because no pass or cross will find a german teammate). So, just copy the Ungarn tactics.

The key for victory is forcing the germans to play out from the back with Ginter. He is the weakest point of the german team and if he has to pass or cross from half-space that is the perfect opportunity to counter (because no pass or cross will find a german teammate). So, just copy the Ungarn tactics.
giphy.gif

Leaked line up which has been spot on for each match so far.

Pickford

Trippier
Walker
Stones
Maguire
Shaw

Rice
Phillips

Foden
Kane
Sterling

Makes perfect sense to play that. Muller and Gnabry would destroy Stones and Maguire if they're a two. We need Walker's pace and strength to match Gnabry. I wouldn't start Phillips and Rice, I'd have any of Mount, Henderson or Belingham in there over Phillips. But everything else I think makes total sense.

Would have very tempted to start Saka if we went 4-3-3, but that won't be the case.

Back
Top Bottom