Emerson Royal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

OK? He got absolutely destroyed by Zaha all game long, it was an embarrassing performance.

That being said, it's Zaha and his first game... but let's call it what it was - a shocking performance.

Hope he recovers and plays well next game...
He needs time to settle in.

Still a better performance that our last right back we brought in from abroad, who turned up at selhurst park and couldn't take a throw in

Not overly impressed with performance today, but, was not awful. I'd pick him any day of the week vs Doherty.

Did notice he found space top right alot of times in the game, just was not passed to for some unknown reason

My problem wasn’t getting scalped by Zaha, I actually thought he did ok in that regard. He was just awful with the ball. He looked panicked every time he received it and lost possession aimlessly.

My problem wasn’t getting scalped by Zaha, I actually thought he did ok in that regard. He was just awful with the ball. He looked panicked every time he received it and lost possession aimlessly.
I don't think he had anybody to riff with. Not many one-twos. I know Sissoko was finally a duffer, but one thing he was useful for was protecting and helping Aurier on the wing, and Emerson could have done with that support today.

No way I'm going to slate the guy from being thrown into the deep end in that selection. Less than a week here. He definitely needs time to adapt.

Probably used to productive runners giving him good angles?

Missed game, thankfully

I don't think he had anybody to riff with. Not many one-twos. I know Sissoko was finally a duffer, but one thing he was useful for was protecting and helping Aurier on the wing, and Emerson could have done with that support today.

No way I'm going to slate the guy from being thrown into the deep end in that selection. Less than a week here. He definitely needs time to adapt.
But even small things that don't need time for adjustment. Like the times a CP player kept the ball in play but their momentum made them run off the pitch. Emerson could and should have picked up the ball and carried it forward, instead he just kicked it out of play.

But even small things that don't need time for adjustment. Like the times a CP player kept the ball in play but their momentum made them run off the pitch. Emerson could and should have picked up the ball and carried it forward, instead he just kicked it out of play.
No doubt he had a few questionable moments!

Emerson was pressing the Palace keeper when the ball went to Zaha and Tanganga had to do a professional foul on him to keep him in check. i don’t understand why a RB is pressing th3 opposition keeper?

Emerson was poor IMO. I don’t understand the good ratings for him.

Back
Top Bottom