Don’t Blame Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

CONTE doesn't want to manage us. If he signs the deal, then happy days, I'll support him. But his acting as if he is doing us a favour. We're Tottenham Hotspur. One of the greatest teams in England. If he doesn't want to commit. There's the door.

CONTE doesn't want to manage us.
I disagree, in that he wants the pay-cheque. I do not think his mindset/tactics/approach + is right.
I think the board must carry some/most of the can ultimately. The role of the Chairman in a multi-million pound business is not to win cups, and you cannot run at a loss, or fall foul of the FFPR. Building a great club, that has history and potential that makes money (youth sales, Championship loans, spend eff all on players for 6 years etc) makes for a great vehicle to sell for a large profit at end-of-term.

Back
Top Bottom