Does this club deserve our support?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There is loyalty and then there is stupidity.

Do I love Spurs? Yes. Will I always love Spurs? Yes.

Will I keep being fleeced to watch the most sorry excuse for football in the Premier League? Absolutely not.

It's all about the bottom line with ENIC, they absolutely do not give a fuck about winning trophies.

No they don't, to be perfectly honest. If the players, coaches and board showed half of the commitment that match going supporters do, then we would be in a much better place.
I can't tell you how many events I miss out on, because I don't want to miss a game, and that's just mostly the home ones.
I'm starting to resent the time and cost, which is not a good place to be, but I know that a couple of good results will pull me back in and I'll be dreaming of the Quadruple.
It's the hope that kills you.

I made a decision to stop going during covid and havent been back since. Last game was not long afterMourinho came. Another awful decision by the club. Wont give them a penny more in tickets or merchandise. Dont suppose they give a shit but lets see how many tourists turn up when we're 9th or 10th. When we get owners who are serious about competing i'll go back to a few games a season again.

In a general sense no. Ticket price massive, football mediocre, football plan missing.

However football doesn’t work like that, club knows whatever the situation fans will come as they love the club. So all that can be done is to make our voices heard every game.

The title says it all really.

It seems like no matter who get in as a manager, no matter who the players are, the same pattern keeps repeating over and over, we're the soft touch for the teams we're supposed to be competing against.

How many more years of failure or near misses can we put up with?

Nope.

We are all absolute mugs to put up with this shit.

We are a stadium not a football club.

I want all these cunts gone from Levy to Paratici to Conte to 85% of the players to the medical staff, right down to the fucking tea lady.

We need cleansing of mediocrity and get in some hunger and some bollox.

I'm finished. I've followed Spurs since the 80s, there's been ups and downs, mostly downs, but back then there was no doubt it was our club. I don't feel connected to this club or players at all any more. When Harry goes, as he should soon, that will be the last connection to a time when the team was 90% local lads who represented their area and understood what that meant to the fans. Why are we giving this club so much money week in week out for them to spend it on bringing in foreign mercenaries who don't care about Spurs? It doesn't make any sense. I haven't been to games since the old WHL, but I feel genuinely sorry for those who do. Yes, they 100% deserve better, and I'd encourage anyone to stop financing this charade. Spend your hard earned money on those you love and admire, your family, friends, your future, that local business you respect. For me, I'm concentrating on myself now. At least if I mess up I'll bear the responsibility of my own mistakes. I'm fed up of feeling miserable for what these over paid, disinterested fuckers do. Hugo throwing that in yesterday just seems symbolic. (Can you remember their goalie throwing one in their own net, in any big game, ever? I can't). I'd rather go back to playing on Tottenham marshes and work our way back up like Wimbledon. At least there'd be romance, excitement. I would say give us our Tottenham back, but I think we all know deep down that ship sailed some time ago. This is not about yesterday, its been more and more clear since Poch left. In the past, if we lost to that lot, especially at home, I would feel this sullen smouldering rage towards the cunts, but this time there's none of that. Instead I feel those emotions towards my own club, and the state of the game now. The scum? They will win the title if they keep playing like that, and deservedly so. They've brought in a manager they believed in, one of their own, and stuck with him. Now they're reaping the rewards, playing the kind of football that we once saw as our special heritage. Fair play to them. Yes they are cunts, but we are too aren't we? There's nothing worse than to sell out your principles for success, and then fail anyway. Its humiliating. The DNA of our club Mr Levy? What is that exactly? All I see is a hollowed out shell. Like that tweet said, we've spunked it all on being a cut rate Chelsea Mark II. Fuck off.

And while I'm on it, fuck the Corporate Matchday Experience. Fuck the Cheese Room and the Skywalk. Fuck the biggest club shop in Europe.

Fuck the new change strips every year, fleecing the fans and you don't even know what teams are playing in September any more.

Fuck the season kicking off in the summertime half way through the cricket season.

Fuck VAR and 5 minutes to rule on a "clear and obvious" mistake.

Fuck half and half scarves.

Double fuck the players whining and rolling on the ground after someone blew on them, trying to get a fellow pro sent off. You pathetic excuses for men. Fuck off.

Fuck the winter World Cup.

Fuck all the BLM/ Pride shit, using our game as a social engineering experiment. Fuck the players virtue signalling in Qatar whilst happily playing in stadiums built with the blood of modern day slaves.

Fuck having to take your ticket on your fucking phone.

Fuck Daniel Levy. Yes he's done some good for the club but he's a smarmy bald cunt and I don't like him.

Fuck all the rest of this shit that I can't think of right now. I'm done.

Big love to each and every one of you. See you at the Borough.

No they don't, to be perfectly honest. If the players, coaches and board showed half of the commitment that match going supporters do, then we would be in a much better place.
I can't tell you how many events I miss out on, because I don't want to miss a game, and that's just mostly the home ones.
I'm starting to resent the time and cost, which is not a good place to be, but I know that a couple of good results will pull me back in and I'll be dreaming of the Quadruple.
It's the hope that kills you.

I used to be like that. Once you break the habit you don't regret it.

As others have mentioned, there’s this entity called Spurs, which is the sum of all its history; players, managers, games and fans and I think that’s what most of us actually support. A proportion of the people associated with the club at this precise moment are, let’s face it, a right shower of shit, and tonight it certainly feels like it’s not worth our money, effort or the abuse I’ll get at work tomorrow. But it’s a long term game supporting any club and I do think better times will come again. I don’t know if these current doldrums are any worse than the ones pre-Poch.

If that means less active support for a bit, so be it. It’s our money, it’s our club and we have the right to vote with our feet if we want to. Doesn’t mean you stop supporting in your heart and most of us on this forum will keep doing that no matter what.

l would add that as someone who chose Spurs as their team (in the early 80s) not for geographic or family reasons but for it’s personality, my main expectations are that we will play attacking football and be entertaining. I also understand that there will be drama off the pitch and that the glory is likely to be occasional, rather than constant. I expect regular 4 - 3 type score lines both for and sometimes against, all as part of the Spurs deal. Although we’ve been under-delivering on this for some time, I chose to believe we’ll return to our core dna eventually. Things can change very quickly in football (see Liverpool) but it‘s looking more like we’re going to need a lot of patience

No. Not under these owners. People should take a step back, and that's not being a bad fan but a supporter who wants the best for the club as a whole. Nobody deserves to be milked by this lot while watching this shit each week. It's paying for the privilege of banging your head against a brick fucking wall.

What we're seeing each week isn't Spurs. The identity & soul of the club has been torn out and replaced by corporate blandness where the pinnacle of excitement is a top 4 trophy.

Of course it fucking does.

Yes, we should be performing better, yes in relation to our revenue we should be spending more, which in turn should realistically mean winning things but fuck me, do some of you go on like we're a struggling League One club with zero fucking direction.

We have zero fucking direction, we're just richer.

To go and watch a struggling league one team you'd pay less than half as much for a day out, and you wouldn't be treated to a bunch of footballers on tens or hundreds of thousands a week who think it's ok to entirely ignore the existence of a first half in football. Or a 15m a year manager who doesn't make a sub when 2-0 down at home to the clubs biggest rivals.

The football would be a bit shit but at least you wouldn't be paying haute cuisine prices for a dog turd on a plate.

The club is the supporters. But I get what you mean.

Is the quality of football worth the ticket price? No.

Do most of the players deserve the fortunes they earn from our club? Not really.

Do the owners deserve the billions they'll pocket some time in the future? Definitely not.

Can most of us ever stop caring? I doubt it.

Last edited:
The club does deserve support - however the owners, management and vast majority of players in the current set up do not deserve it. They are all here for largely financial reasons and have no real love of the club, what it stands for, its history, nothing of that sort.

The club will still be here when they are all gone and thats all that matters

I'm not a season ticket holder. I go to 3-4 games a season, so Levy only gets £300+ quid a year from me including my membership. I feel for you guys that are handing him £2k+ a year to be served the same excuses and lack of silverware for decades.

I expect I'll be cancelling my membership in a few weeks, and won't renew or go to a game again until Levy sells up or they suitably invest in the squad. I simply can't be arsed.

Nope.

We are all absolute mugs to put up with this shit.

We are a stadium not a football club.

I want all these cunts gone from Levy to Paratici to Conte to 85% of the players to the medical staff, right down to the fucking tea lady.

We need cleansing of mediocrity and get in some hunger and some bollox.
I agree with most of this, but hands off the tea lady, she hasn't put a foot wrong as far as I'm aware.

Support is not earned, once you've decided you're all in it means just that ......you are all in.

I decided back in 1996 when I was a wee little nipper and that's that. If this club was relegated would I tune in to all the games? probably not, but my undying attachment and memories would stay with me and I'd always keeps an eye out for the results of the team.
There's a very small part of me that wishes I supported a non-league team, no real expectations, all games at 3pm on a Saturday and it wouldn't cost a small fortune for a season ticket. But once the bug bites you, it's with you for life.

Back
Top Bottom