Does it bother anyone else that our shittest CM pairing

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In my living memory at least will now be coaching the lads?

Fraud and Deadwood. Our midfield "enforcer" who ran away from Roy Keane when he went for him and a guy who had one good game for us.

I know good players dont always make good coaches....but the site of them together makes me feel ill.

:vdv:

Sherwood in particular gives me the raging heebie-jeebies, bloke was utterly anonymous for us and dined out on captaining the Blackburn premier league title-winning side.

news-graphics-2007-_644984a.jpg

Re: Does it bother anyone else that out shittest CM pairing

Maybe the fact they were so bad is motivating them to make up for past errors!

Doesn't bother me at all. Gazza was a great player, but would you want him involved in your coaching set up? (Well actually yeah, I would, it would be hilarious)

If you compare managers to how they did as players, it's often the more average players who make good managers. They have to work harder and think more about the game than players who it comes to naturally.

It doesn't really bother me, but I do find it strange... also Les Ferdinand has been kept on for coaching the strikers yet since he has been in the job our strikers have been particularly terrible at finishing chances.

Cripps14 said:
If you compare managers to how they did as players, it's often the more average players who make good managers. They have to work harder and think more about the game than players who it comes to naturally.

Soooo, as AVB was bloody useless at football, it means he will be the greatest manager ever?? :ledleylick:

MKYid said:
Cripps14 said:

Soooo, as AVB was bloody useless at football, it means he will be the greatest manager ever?? :ledleylick:

Let's hope so.

3 words:

FERGUSON - WENGER - MOURHINO... none of them set the footballing World alight as players.

now here's 3 more words:

HODDLE - ARDILES - FRANCIS

all great players in their day, but as soon as they stepped into management... case closed I think!

actually, add Roy Keane & Steve Bruce to that list... oh, and Paul Ince & Bryan Robson while you're at it!
Come to think of it, is there any player who's played under Fergie and subsequently succeeded in management...??

1882 said:
3 words:

FERGUSON - WENGER - MOURHINO... none of them set the footballing World alight as players.

now here's 3 more words:

all great players in their day, but as soon as they stepped into management... case closed I think!

actually, add Roy Keane & Steve Bruce to that list... oh, and Paul Ince & Bryan Robson while you're at it!
Come to think of it, is there any player who's played under Fergie and subsequently succeeded in management...??
Add Bryan Robson.

1882 said:
3 words:

now here's 3 more words:

Thats up there with the "you have to give managers time, look at fergie and wenger" cliche.

Dino Zoff was quite a good player and that Guardiola chap, Cruyff?

Schoolboy'sOwnStuff said:
1882 said:
3 words:

now here's 3 more words:

Add Bryan Robson.
:cudicini:

poor players make good managers/coaches etc.

Sherwood is a bit suit worthy not suure what he coaching role is

the connection between freund and avb is a bit of a mystery- if going for PR points- then shows AVB knows his stuff

Thelonious said:
Schoolboy'sOwnStuff said:
1882 said:
3 words:

now here's 3 more words:

Add Bryan Robson.
:cudicini:
FAIL!

:avbfacepalm:

Carlito Brigante said:

Fraud and Deadwood. Our midfield "enforcer" who ran away from Roy Keane when he went for him and a guy who had one good game for us.

I know good players dont always make good coaches....but the site of them together makes me feel ill.

Took you all day to think of that one did it? :goonermong:

Carlito Brigante said:

<bloke off not sure meme pic>

Not sure if pessimistic fuckpig or troll. :)

frontwheel said:
Carlito Brigante said:

<bloke off not sure meme pic>

Not sure if pessimistic fuckpig or troll. :)
ljhCr.jpg

Back
Top Bottom