Do you even go down the Lane anymore

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you even go down the Lane anymore?

• Total voters

Tomo

Supporter
Used to go all the time particularly during the Redknapp and Poch eras, not a season ticket holder but a good 10 games at least. Have barley been the last 2-3 years and don’t want to go given the horrendous negative football we have been playing in that time.

Curious sounds like reading the forum I am not alone, fans wanting to pack it in or already have done so.

Nope. Used to be a ST holder pre-covid but I've got too much work and family stuff to deal with at this moment in time. Plus, we're dross and I'm bloody glad I'm not paying through the nose to have to witness it live.

Same boat as you, Tomo. My most recent trip was on business. Didn’t even bother to look at the stadium… couldn’t bring myself to.

I was a typical 10 game a season fair weather club member before the wheels came off, and incidentally was so before the wheels were on under Santini, Ramos and then the good old days under Jol, ‘Arry and Poch.

I’ve sold a lot of my tickets already this season and plan to sell more

The day out is still fun but the football is just making it depressing, I’ve got a new nipper on the way in December aswell so would rather spend time with my kids every Saturday than pay through the nose to line someone’s pockets

My wife is American from Wisconsin and a big Green Bay fan so promised her if Green Bay come I would take her to the stadium.

She is also a Liverpool fan as is my Mum’s entirely family who come from Liverpool. It’s hell the amount of abuse I get from the smug Liverpool fandom.

To be fair if Liverpool was run by ENIC their fans would have protested the shit out of it, they wouldn’t accept the bollocks we deal with.

Might start going again if we try and play football as in actual football and not this warlord bullshit.

Brave man. I remember watching most of the AVB games, nearly broke me how negative we where, can’t imagine what this is doing.

Don't get me wrong, i fucking hate what we have become and how we are playing etc

You have to remember people of my age have seen us play in the Inter Toto, seen us get relegated following two abject seasons and seen nearly a whole decade (92-98) of us being relegation fodder. Mid-table was seen as a good season.

This is bad at the moment but some of us have seen and experienced worse.

Edit. The dynamic of our fanbase has irreparably got worse over the years. Compare the attitude of the fans when we got relegated to what we have now.

Don't get me wrong, i fucking hate what we have become and how we are playing etc

You have to remember people of my age have seen us play in the Inter Toto, seen us get relegated following two abject seasons and seen nearly a whole decade (92-98) of us being relegation fodder. Mid-table was seen as a good season.

This is bad at the moment but some of us have seen and experienced worse.

I remember the 90’s that was better than this, more entertaining at least. Haven’t seen us get relegated though that must have been quite nasty.

I remember the 90’s that was better than this, more entertaining at least. Haven’t seen us get relegated though that must have been quite nasty.

I agree that we were more entertaining in the 90s despite being shit. We at least tried to go forward and win games. But as I say, mid-table was regarded as a good season.

ST holder up to 2018_19. I live 130 odd miles away now and the exclusion zone around the ground meaning trains, plus VAR (and it’s effect on final whistle times) finished me off. I plan to still get down a few times a year when tickets are available and at the moment that won’t be a problem! Haven’t been this season though and not sure I want to.

I have an odd fondness for the 90's teams, ok they couldn't defend for shit but there was always excitement and actual intent to score - the entertainment was there from the team

I have an odd fondness for the 90's teams, ok they couldn't defend for shit but there was always excitement and actual intent to score - the entertainment was there from the team

Yep 4-3 loss followed but 4-3 win by 3-2 loss by 3-2 win. I was only a kid but I fucking loved it apart from a few seasons. No expectations apart from the team being expected to entertain one way or another.

Yep 4-3 loss followed but 4-3 win by 3-2 loss by 3-2 win. I was only a kid but I fucking loved it apart from a few seasons. No expectations apart from the team being expected to entertain one way or another.
Exactly... Wasn't exactly fun watching Nethercott, Calderwood etc but at least the intent was there. I just don't want to pay £50+ to get bored and watch a purple screen saying "CHECKING" on it anymore.

Back
Top Bottom