Djed Spence

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I really hope he sorts out his attitude issues at Genova and lives up to his potential. This is most probably his last chance with top league club...
I think we need to be careful about talk of attitude. There may be truth to it they might not and if there is then we need to understand the reasons. I for one feel really sorry for him, he gets his big move to a top 6 club, then before he kicks a ball at Hotspur Way Conte is gobbling off to the worlds media that he's not his signing. Imagine how this makes you feel.

I've seen him play and whilst still raw there absolutely is a player there.

I share the sentiment with you that this is a good loan for him, I hope he embarrasses it. There have been a number of players now coming out of academies doing well in Serie a, hope he's one.

I think we need to be careful about talk of attitude. There may be truth to it they might not and if there is then we need to understand the reasons. I for one feel really sorry for him, he gets his big move to a top 6 club, then before he kicks a ball at Hotspur Way Conte is gobbling off to the worlds media that he's not his signing. Imagine how this makes you feel.

I've seen him play and whilst still raw there absolutely is a player there.

I share the sentiment with you that this is a good loan for him, I hope he embarrasses it. There have been a number of players now coming out of academies doing well in Serie a, hope he's one.
I agree that one shouldn't forget the human side of players and there may be factors that causes his behavior that are caused by "situations" from the past - but he's also a very privileged human being, on £25,000 a week, (which is more than some of the Spurs fans earns in year) and with that comes responsibilities. And he's 23, so not a teenager anymore.
Angelos right away deemed him "unwanted" and he's been on loan to 2 clubs where he did not do well, and no EPL nor Championship club seem to want him.
And the fact that Spurs included a buy-option at only €10m shows how he's valued. A player with his talent should cost £30m.
Anyway, as I stated above, I really hope he'll shape up and live upto his obvious talent.

I'll never understand why a footballer who has managed to get to the absolute pinnacle of their profession, does something so stupid as to be late for training or miss a club function

Mind boggling

I'll never understand why a footballer who has managed to get to the absolute pinnacle of their profession, does something so stupid as to be late for training or miss a club function

Mind boggling
Maybe he's just an arrogant, Billy Big Boots who happens to be a talented footballer...

He certainly wouldn't be the first!

Back
Top Bottom