Dinamo Tbilisi away- Europa League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Agree. For me what is most apparent is the completion for places throughout the team e.g. Thought Naughton had his best game in a Spurs shirt, Walker knows his place is not a given. IMO only areas left to improve competition for are Centre Forward, Left Back and perhaps most importantly the No. 10 behind the CF.

There is always room to improve, but in essence we currently have two premiership first teams!

Townsend was obviously very, very good - but what I loved the most was to see players attacking the ball in the box. Soldado twice scored on balls that last season would have rolled along the 6 yard box harmlessly with nobody there to put them away. And Paulinho's goal came because he made a run from midfield and attacked space - giving Townsend a target.

Those were great team goals.

FROFL. :levylol::levylol::avblol::avblol::vdvdive:
BSS0HVCIgAAH_HM.jpg

Perfect for us. Next week we can give the likes of Carroll and Kane a full 90, Kaboul another start/90 minutes and possibly even Sandro a run out. Made it look so so easy tonight against a poor side, usually we would have laboured to a 1-0 win.

Don't have a lot to say that hasn't been said but the main thing I was pleased with today was the fact that the team seemed very coheasive. Obviously this all comes with time playing together and knowing each others tendencies, but for as many new players we have I was impressed at how easily we moved the ball about.

Happy with that scoreline... hope next week will be just as good though.
I doubt it will be as we're likely to field the kids. Job's really been done tonight. All we have to do next week is make sure we don't concede much. No reason for Harry Kane, et al, not to be leading the line. It will be good for them and it's good that we are putting teams to bed like this so that young lads can get proper game time and not just have 5 minutes here and there.

So our first two games of the season and 6 goals with 0 conceded. Seeing both match threads where started by myself, i think its only fair if i start the Woolwich match thread. Agreed?

Back
Top Bottom