Did you renew your season ticket 22/23

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Did you renew your season ticket

• yes

Votes: 57 76.0%
  • no

Votes: 13 17.3%
  • never previously had a season ticket but getting one now

Votes: 5 6.7%

• Total voters
I was 50-50. But, in the end I did manage to sell the seat for the games I couldn't attend, so had over £200 towards this seasons ticket.

I think with re-selling, it really does make a difference where the seat is, I think mine is a good location, but the disadvantage is its only a single seat, when many looking to buy, want a pair. Mine is probably on the lower end of the price scale as well, which helps I guess.

For me, having the ST gives me the kick up the ass I need to get to games, when we are playing crap. Having to swap games clashes with work rota's etc. is a pain, so I wouldn't bother buying a ticket on membership, if I had to do all that.

Having said that, if we don't show any real progress or ambition, then I really can see this being my last year. The cost of the ticket and getting to games, diesel costs rising and everything else. It will be a luxury that may have to be jettisoned for other priorities.

Transport for me from where I live is useless. So the continual changes of match day and ridiculous kick off times have started to make attendance a chore.
I'm a dinosaur and although I have tried to come to terms with 'modern football' it is a struggle.
Watching people in the 'hard core' south stand eating quiche in their seats, talking about their mortgage rate and spending 90 minutes on social media is so far out of my comfort zone.
It was a wrench giving up the ST without a doubt but I have friends that had STs for 15, 20, 25 years and gave them up. They missed it the first season but were all good by the second season.
I will still do 15 games a season or something like that from now on. Enough to make me a loyal supporter but not so many that it becomes tedious.

Good luck to those that renewed. Hope the team and Levy make it worth your while.

I love Spurs and love my football, but i just couldn’t justify paying £1,000 + for a club that shows such lack of ambition compared to the other top clubs with similar sort of prices. If Spurs we’re providing the tools for a manager to succeed and a direction with a positive vision, I’d be possibly tempted to fork out. Even if it meant going half and half with a family member. Spurs just don’t justify the hugely inflated costs in my opinion, as we never get any real success. If I’m paying £1,400 for a season ticket, I want to see my club win trophies and compete. End of story.

I can see why people don’t want to commit to a ST.
As a member you can pick and choose your games and as someone said, wherever your ticket is you’ll get a decent seat and it’s what, £40-£50 for a membership? So it makes perfect sense to be a member I guess.
On the flip side, don’t come crying to me when I have my ticket for next seasons CL final whilst you are sitting in your armchair with your head in your hands crying “why god why did I not renew” 😃

Yes I did last week.
My reasoning was that I want to go to a few more away games when I can, and it will probably take another year before I get enough.
Personally, there is still a certain cachet about being a ST holder, especially for a female - for whatever reason, some guys don't believe that a woman can be as passionate about a football club as a man!
Also, I still hope for a Cup Final appearance, and wouldn't want to miss out.

I was 50-50. But, in the end I did manage to sell the seat for the games I couldn't attend, so had over £200 towards this seasons ticket.

I think with re-selling, it really does make a difference where the seat is, I think mine is a good location, but the disadvantage is its only a single seat, when many looking to buy, want a pair. Mine is probably on the lower end of the price scale as well, which helps I guess.

For me, having the ST gives me the kick up the ass I need to get to games, when we are playing crap. Having to swap games clashes with work rota's etc. is a pain, so I wouldn't bother buying a ticket on membership, if I had to do all that.

Having said that, if we don't show any real progress or ambition, then I really can see this being my last year. The cost of the ticket and getting to games, diesel costs rising and everything else. It will be a luxury that may have to be jettisoned for other priorities.

My wife and I renewed for two reasons-firstly to maintain our hard earned ticketing points-the very few away games we manage to get tickets for are always enjoyable, the miracle in Leicester will live in our memories forever and even a dismal draw at Everton and defeats at Burnley & Middlesbrough were enjoyable in that masochistic way that only supporters truly understand.
Secondly our STs are in South safe standing and we love our view from where we are, especially second half when we usually attack that end. We have tried all sorts of different seats at Europa Conference/FA Cup games and while all have been excellent none compare to our STs (plus the atmosphere is much better in the safe standing)
Here’s to a strong finish to the season.Enjoy the game today everyone.COYS!!

I came into this season with no expectations at all.

Then the hope levels got raised.

Then they were dented again.

I now see a team bottling it again.

It's a never ending cycle as we never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity.

Renew my £1350 Season Ticket?

Course I did.

COYL!

Renewed mine. Have asked for relocation to the South Stand, currently North Lower.

I have one with two of my mates and considering the age we are and how long it took for us to get one we'd be stupid to give it up. I enjoy the social side of the game, seeing my mates etc sometimes more than the football.

I go to pretty much every home game but want to build up my loyalty points for away games. Currently on about 220 .

Worst case if the football is shit I just sell the ticket on or put it on the exchange so it's no great problem.

Haven't had one for four years and wouldn't be able to afford it now anyway. Just had two annexes built in the garden, two kids soon to head to university, wife's updated her motor, and everything's going up in price. I'll just wander along to cheap games in cheap seats like this past few years.

Have renewed and hoping for a relocation. I’ve done it mainly as a hefty down payment for away games. Although my points really slipped this year, I do still love those away day moments.

Didn't renew. I actually forgot but glad I didn't tbh - I haven't really enjoyed going that much recently and it is costing a fortune. 22 years a season ticket holder now over.

I did with some reluctance for the first time.

I’m finally beginning to feel ground down by the cycle of constant disappointment. The lack of common sense, joined up thinking and direction shown by Levy and co just grates.

It doesn’t help I prefer the old ground and there are far too many muppets attending games at the new ground. Imagine if the south got properly behind the team…..

Back
Top Bottom