Details, details, details... (every little helps)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I sit in East Upper in line with the penalty spot. As such it affords me a pretty decent view of the south-east corner... Where the opposing teams run through their GK/shooting drills.

Getting to my seat 20-mins early yesterday, I sat and watched the strip of pitch where Bale, Modric (and lesser extent Benny) ply their crossing and defender turning wares, get chewed up into a mudpool.

Lo and behold 15 mins in and Bale has put a cross straight into touch or plain fell on his arse about 3 times due to the lack of underfoot tractability.

Now I can see this plain as day. It's a liability. It was compromising the ability of a key player to go about his job efficiently.

Surely someone with tactical nous on the staff must be able to see that this particular section of pitch getting chewed up right before a game can't be a great idea?!

F**k it - I might write a letter to the club and ask.

Clutching at straws mate, we have been abject for weeks. Home and away, left wing, right wing and at the back.

Conceding 2 goals and being outplayed at home by Norwich is unacceptable, even if the surface was like that of the moon.

I've noticed that the stripes on the pitch are a bit wiggly, so that when Ade uses then to 'stay onside' he doesn't have a cat-in-hell's chance... or maybe he should just go home and READ THE FUCKING RULES ON THE OFFSIDE LAW!

But I get your drift... can't they warm up in the opposition's half, REALLY do a job and fuck up their half of the pitch... for half the game, ah, tht's where my plan falls somewhat short.
C u n t b l i s t e r s!

Whilst you are there can you ask them why we have to have ball boys that are no taller than 3 foot?

Seriously those kids are so young that it takes them a fucking age to get the ball back from the crowd - why not let the U15 / 16 youth players do it....

Blanchflower said:
Whilst you are there can you ask them why we have to have ball boys that are no taller than 3 foot?

Seriously those kids are so young that it takes them a fucking age to get the ball back from the crowd - why not let the U15 / 16 youth players do it....

That is one of my biggest pet hates. When you are going for a win, the crowd are buzzing and the ball goes out to one of them, not only does it take them 15 minutes to get it, but they do that stupid fucking underarm roll that goes 5 yards at a speed which makes corluka look fast. It's a real atmosphere killer, just hoof it back down the line!

Back
Top Bottom