Destiny Udogie

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He is prone to extreme carelessness but surely he will get that out of his game.

Think we just need to focus on his ceiling..... The lapses can be ironed out as he matures.

....He's still very young; but has a great coaching team and colleagues around him.

Remember how long it took Rose to iron that crap out of his game? ......I see the parallels.

Last edited:
For ten minutes after half-time he was bloody brilliant. Not so much the other 80.

Typical of a very talented and young player, the highs are very high and the lows are lowww. It seems to my layman eye that he is very important to the team, if he is going strong then the team is.

Hope Ange shows him the video of 45-55 mins from this game and says "more of that please mate."

I think he uses his physicality a lot to get himself out of situations which is why he's so casual on the ball which leads to a lot of turnovers.

Just gotta cut that shit out and he will, his potential is ridiculous, tonight's matches like these are a learning curve.

He’s got everything you want to be a top player. He has crazy strength,pace,touch,athleticism and gets stuck in. My biggest issue with him is he has this style that makes him look as if it’s too easy for him. You look at VDV and he’s the opposite because he gets himself into position where he doesn’t get caught out and that’s something he needs to add to his game. I also think when he bombs forward aggressively and at full pelt there is nobody that can get near him but plays within himself at times. I’d love to see him shoot more and that goes for all of the team.
He’s a young player learning his trade and he’ll have games like tonight so we have to accept that because he’s had a great start to his Tottenham career. He will only improve.

I remember this exact same stuff from Walker. This kids going to be every bit as special.

Not worried about him in the slightest.

One thing I would like to see more of though... When he passes to the winger when they're both approaching the edge of the box, he needs to cut across and beyond them in hope of dragging their RCB with him........ That way if he does then it creates the chance of the LWer to cut in and get a shot off or if the CB stays put there's the option for the give-and-go.

....More often than not he passes and then drops off into the CAM area. Maybe that's Ange's instructions; but he's not the kind who's gonna score a 20 yarder from the middle and it just leads us back to recycling the ball all over again if the LWer can't beat their man on their own.

I thought he was proper unlucky on the back pass that led to their second, the only reason Toney found himself in that position was because he was leaning over taking a break to catch his breath. He literally just happened to be in the right place at the right time.

Back
Top Bottom