Destiny Udogie

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

1206-spooky.jpg

Looks like he’s been here for years already and certainly suited for the league physically.

I’m sure there will be some ups and downs since he’s only 20, but I’d be shocked if he doesn’t develop into a big time player for us.

Was very impressed with him today. Got involved, looked up for it, some great touches going forward and although not tested massively in defence he was reading the play well and stepped out a few times to intercept.

Heard all the crap that he can’t defend which is just nonsense. He’s brilliant at using his body to defend and his pace will always get him out of trouble. He’s technically very good too and comfortable in tighter spaces when he steps into that inverted full back role. Porro will be the same on the other side. I’d be surprised if those two don’t start at Brentford.

Heard all the crap that he can’t defend which is just nonsense. He’s brilliant at using his body to defend and his pace will always get him out of trouble. He’s technically very good too and comfortable in tighter spaces when he steps into that inverted full back role. Porro will be the same on the other side. I’d be surprised if those two don’t start at Brentford.

Think Ange will play combinations of:
Udogie/Emerson or Davies/Porro

Also think the level Udogie is showing has made him irresistible to be the first choice advanced FB over Porro.

Maybe some games when we know the oppo will give us the ball we see Udogie and Porro.

But overall what a player Udogie looks like. Not a chance in hell he was coming here this summer if we hadn’t already bought him.

Assuming Porro can do all those things too is a bit premature..... 2 significantly different players.

I'll be suprised if he DID start against Brentford.

Maybe some games when we know the oppo will give us the ball we see Udogie and Porro.

I think we'll need to get the CB side of things properly up and running before attempting that cos even the teams that sit in will have a long-ball counter-attacking plan which can hurt us.

(Gonna be strange playing City this time round.... It's almost like the roles will be reversed.)
But overall what a player Udogie looks like. Not a chance in hell he was coming here this summer if we hadn’t already bought him.

Yeh; caught myself thinking that yesterday.... Massively high celing...... Bargain price.

......And you could tell from his agents comments earlier this summer; Udogie ain't here to fuck around.

The best debut I've seen from a LB in a lifetime of supporting Spurs.

Destiny Udogie was really good going forward, & tenacious defensively.

With him & VDV we finally have real pace on the left side of our defence.

Back
Top Bottom