DESK, One Has to Go.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would YOU sell first?

• Total voters
If it was assumed all were staying I'd sell Dele. Can't remember seeing him step up in a big game. Seems to dominate lower level opposition only and would command a high fee given hes young and English.
I see this type of thinking all the time when he plays for England. I don't understand how people can't see how vital he is to the squad. He has also scored some of the most massive goals for us in the past 4 seasons.

He doesn't have the touch of Eriksen of Kane to pick out a pass, but he doesn't have to because he sees the field and finds space better than any Spurs player.

In terms of who the team misses when they are out, for me its Dele, Eriksen, Kane, then Son in that order.

On the basis of ability, it'd be Dele. He's the one whose style of play I enjoy the least.

I'm a big, big Eriksen fan but not happy with his performances at the moment. On top of having to do too much donkey work in that deeper position, I fully believe he doesn't want to be here.

Why do people keep saying Dele is our future?

I would be very surprised to see him still playing for the club in August 2020.

(Not because I want him to leave, I just think his head will be turned by a 'bigger' club).
Right now that ship must have sailed for him though...be honest, who bigger than us could he walk into right now? He’s not exactly tearing the league up

What was it that Lucas did with the ball that impressed you so much against Liverpool? Was it the way he stuck it under his shirt after scoring to thank God for allowing him to impregnate his wife again?
No, he gave a lot of headaches to Liverpool defenders, they looked shaky when he got the ball and started to run at them. Probably our only player who did that.

So most are saying Eriksen... he's fallen off?

Maybe. Or maybe it is easier to play with prime Dembele, Rose and Walker than it is to play in a team that hasn't weakened since and not really strengthened at all overall.

He wouldn't be the first or last player to play better when surrounded with better players. in fact it's quite normal especially as he'd get more space. So if/when he goed abroad and inevitably does awesome things please let's not say he never did it for us or lacked consistency- the club has failed to produce a better environment for him on the pitch.

Eriksen is technically the best or at worst second best player in team, we should never voluntarily sell.

I thought he started really well but as thebgame wore on I thought he got less and less adventurous.

Shit was harsh on him, granted

He needs to find his freedom and nastiness next season. I think a top midfielder will give a few of our guys a little more of a liberated feel. This season's been a grind for many but I do want to see him further up the pitch, along with Eriksen if he stays and I do want to see that swagger and freedom to lose the ball trying to make stuff happen return to his game

God that video makes me miss having a decent midfield so that Dele can play next to Kane again.

I honestly think that’s where he is best, his awareness of space in around the box gets the best out of Kane.

The opportunities Kane used to get seem to come to sonny and Moura when they are on the field next to him.

I’m not a tactician so I can’t put my finger on why it is but when dele was closest to Kane the stats speak for themselves.

I definitely think 16/17 when we played with Alli and Eriksen as kind fo duel 10's behind Kane in that 3421, with Wanyama and Dembele as the CM's, Eriksen dropping in sometimes, definitely seemed to get the best out of all of them. Kane 29 goals 7 assists, Eriksen 8 g 15 a, Alli 18 g 7 a. And Son still chipped in with 14 g and 7 a.

Everyone's overall combined output went down last season, Kane's by 5, Eriksen by 3, Alli by 8, Son by 3.

This season only Son and Eriksen are on target to hit similar numbers. Alli is a combined 20 down on 16/17, 10 on last season. Some of that is the time he's missed of course, but even last season he was well down.

Our lack of genuine midfielders has sucked players like Eriksen and Alli backwards into that area and given them different roles and responsibilities. Under those circumstances Eriksen's done remarkably to maintain similar productivity in terms of goals and assists. Something people seem to completely ignore when giving him shit.

If it was assumed all were staying I'd sell Dele. Can't remember seeing him step up in a big game. Seems to dominate lower level opposition only and would command a high fee given hes young and English.

Dele hasn't scored in big games.

Just goals against Madrid, Man Utd, Woolwich, Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool, a World Cup quarter final and twice in FA Cup semi finals.

Fucking small time player

Never said he didn't score kid. Just said he doesn't step up. Goals are great but a lot of games his overall input isn't what I'd like.

Right now, you're right. However IF he has a good season next season then he will be 24 come May 2020 and a hot ticket in football again.
Maybe.....I personally feel Dele is on the verge of becoming another “one that never was”.

Needs a massive season next year, because for me he’s living off a four year old reputation

Back
Top Bottom