Desired Team Tactics

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

-1 of Holty or Eriksen should be on the pitch at all times barring injury.
-Vlad and Verts are the starters at CB when both are healthy. (Buying a cover LB will solve this permanently if D Rose gets abducted again)
-No high line when Dawson is in.
-Counter attacks are vital with this roster, reliant on turnovers as well.
-I don't know if it is due to the manager, but there almost seems to be too much unselfishness when it comes to our attackers other than Townsend who is probably too selfish. Although, I think if he moved to the left, it would help solve this.

I wouldn't mind seeing a standard/diamond 442 either.

That's just a few I can think of at the moment.

I should qualify my previous post by saying that I wouldn't play both Lennon and Townsend in the same lineup, against quality opposition. Against these minnows in the EL I don't think it matters much as we're just steamrolling them anyways. At any rate, I don't completely follow what you're suggesting with the wingers. Would you please elaborate?

I also wouldn't ship out any of those players, bar Gomes. We've had enough turnover for the moment. Barring maybe another striker or a LB, I wouldn't want to exacerbate that problem further. Also, Friedel is supposedly transitioning to coaching for us, so I don't think it would make sense shipping him out considering what he offers as a stable voice in the team during this transition likely heavily outweighs getting him off the payroll. Nobody is going to give us any money for him.
With the wingers I'd like them to switch sides occasionally to become unpredictable in our build up play. Playing Townsend and Lamela together wouldn't work as both are left footed and switching would give the same outcome each time, thus, predictable. Playing Lennon and Chadli together would mean that we couldn't switch as neither would be good coming inside at times. That's my idea behind it anyway.

I didn't know about Friedel in terms of coaching.

I wouldn't necessarily ship them out in January, but, those are whom I would look to replace by next season. If we don't sell anyone then only a striker, keeper and a left back would be needed to optimise our strength in depth.

Stick together :adebaehug:

oh... and cry. cry like a bitch.

katy-hug.gif

Back
Top Bottom