Dembele and early subs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Seen quite a few people ask/get annoyed about this so just to set the record straight...
The guy is holding a surgery to his hip off to play for us at all, so to be able to manage the pain and soreness he's being taken off early so that he can still play matches for us at all. :dembele:

I don't think anyone is annoyed at him personally - it just isn't an ideal situation for the team. It was the same with Van der Vaart and Ledley. First on the team sheet every time, but you always wondered how long they could last...

Supporters getting annoyed? Of course they do. Because they're fucking idiots.
33lpgs9.jpg.gif

Actually thought his intensity dropped a lot just before he came off, so it was the right move.

Also, I love Dembele, but he needs to learn when to dribble, and when to let the ball do the work for him.

With Dembele being so important we can't rest him for games at the moment as we only one once when e was injured. Subbing him at that time gives him a bit of a rest and he has a hip injury he's managing

Actually thought his intensity dropped a lot just before he came off, so it was the right move.

Also, I love Dembele, but he needs to learn when to dribble, and when to let the ball do the work for him.

Agree with you there windy. Lovely player but there were a few moments yesterday where I felt he could have release the ball much earlier.

If we were to sign that creative player in Jan it might be worth sending Dembele off for his surgery. Having him back towards the end of the season fully fit would be crucial.

To be frank - and a bit controversial - I don't think Dembele has been that good for us.

By his own standards, that is.

Even when he does stand out for us, you still feel there is so much more in him. Like the early days Berbatov and VdV. You guys remember that?

To me he looks slightly unconfortable in our system(s), and he very often runs himself into dead ends. Yet even so he impresses getting himself out of them with a drop of a shoulder and a burst of pace. Lovely.

I think we will only see the best in him come next season. And, obviously, when we have dealt with that hip issue, which obviously seems to be hindering him.

I just want him to keep trying to beat the whole team. One day he will as score.

I just want him to keep trying to beat the whole team. One day he will as score.
You know he did this once at Az dont you ? He just started dribbling at the half way line and took everyone on untill he eventually scored

@Windy , agree that he needs to work on his vision but this is just his second season as a fullblood CM , he is still learning the trade (he started as a striker in Belgium/Holland). And above all , the way he just brushes past players as if they werent even there is a thing of beauty.

NorseYid NorseYid he still has room to improve , i agree but the results and cohesion of the team with him in it speak for themselves

@Windy , agree that he needs to work on his vision but this is just his second season as a fullblood CM , he is still learning the trade (he started as a striker in Belgium/Holland). And above all , the way he just brushes past players as if they werent even there is a thing of beauty.

I agree with you, but I am judging him as a CM, compared to other CMs.

I find it hard to believe that he started as a striker, as his finishing seems one of the weakest parts of his game to me.

You're right though, he is so strong on the ball.

I agree with you, but I am judging him as a CM, compared to other CMs.

I find it hard to believe that he started as a striker, as his finishing seems one of the weakest parts of his game to me.

You're right though, he is so strong on the ball.

That will come , he is attempting to shoot more often now and he'll develop that part of his game 2 , he played as a striker/winger/Am most of the time because nobody really knew what to do with him untill BMJ saw him for what he really is.

The most surprising thing for the people that have been following him since day 1 is the fact that he has become a real defensive asset , he was often seen as lazy in that department. Hazard lazy even.

Back
Top Bottom