Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It hurts me to see him in this state. I always saw a bit of myself in him, the same "gifted but lazy" accusations have followed me all my life (at much smaller scale).

I hope he can make a comeback or just do what gives him fulfilment.

Keep sticking the knife in though you cunts.....

Honestly, the “laziness” narrative has never sat right with me.

I come from MK, same as Dele, he went to the same school as me (albeit he was a few years below me). I know lots of people who know him, he’s not lazy, he’s vulnerable. He’s come from a tough start in life.

I know the club’s not a charity, but I do feel like we gave up on him, when he needed our support the most

Last edited:
We really made a huge mistake unleashing Mourinho and Conte on this team, the pressure is bad enough already, we didn't need those two to make things worse.

We can already see it with Ange just how much better the mood is, for the players it's even more intense.

We really made a huge mistake unleashing Mourinho and Conte on this team, the pressure is bad enough already, we didn't need those two to make things worse.

We can already see it with Ange just how much better the mood is, for the players it's even more intense.
You can create a challenging competitive environment without creating conflict and making the players feel like shit. Ancelotti Klopp and Pep are all proof of that.

Hopefully he gets back to a decent level again and Dyche might be a good manager for him at the moment as he comes across well with how he treats players.
Trippier is a Dyche fanboy, talks very highly of him, so I'm hopeful.

If you actually listen to Dyche he comes across very down to earth, and thoughtful. He's not just some gruff old school manager.

If you actually listen to Dyche he comes across very down to earth, and thoughtful. He's not just some gruff old school manager.
Yeah used to be on goals on Sunday at lot and always came across well.

Dyche has a tremendous human touch, you can see it in Ange as well. All my favourite Spurs managers have had that.

Personally I’ve never been one to respond to the stick instead of the carrot.

I'll always love him and Danny Rose. The Spurs team that I loved most has him as a poster boy in my mind (2017). Not Kane, Eriksen, Dembele or Verts.

When that announcement drops it'll truly hit me that he's gone. I wanted him gone, but it's still going to make me extremely sad, just like it happened with Rose. Good luck Dele, hopefully he smashes it at Everton. Thanks for the win at Stamford Bridge, the 2nd half v Ajax and many more things.

He's shown absolutely nothing at both Chelsea and Leverkusen (2 very different teams in 2 very different Leagues) to take a look at him.

If it were for someone like CHO, I'd bring Dele back to White Hart Lane tomorrow. At least he's Tottenham.
This was about 3 days ago. If Dyche won't want Dele, I'd bring him to Spurs in some capacity.

It’s sad to hear all this from Dele, many people in and outside the club obviously played a role in his decline but he seems to be ready to include himself in that as well.

That said, the Amazon documentary was a big mistake, one of the biggest Levy has ever made. It upset Poch, it upset the players, it made public things that should never leave the dressing room. The only person who enjoyed it was Mourinho. You should never let people see behind the curtain.

Just because we played a CL final, Levy seemed to think that made us an elite club and that it was appropriate to bring Mourinho and a load of Amazon cameras into a very fragile and febrile environment. The £10m fee was not worth the damage to our reputation as a club and the self-esteem of our players.

Last edited:
Dele will always be in some of my greatest Spurs Memories.

I never blamed him and I mistakenly blamed Mourinho for his downturn and that was to basic a way of thinking.

I knew that there was more to it mentally and knew he did not have a great time growing up but I did not realise the club failed him.

This may be selfish but we need to look at player liaison and psych/ Sports Psychologist team as part of our medical team.

At the end of the day bring Dele home (back to Spurs).

Well, well, well.......TalkSport deleted their Tweet following Dele's interview. TalkSport founded by Kelvin MacKenzie the Sun scum, the man behind the Hilsbourgh slander. TalkSport now owned by Murdoch and Rebeckah "the phone hacker" Brooks. Cowards.

What did it say mate?

Back
Top Bottom