Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well. That's goodbye to Dele this summer.

Our major sponsors and asian and stadium naming rights rumoured to go to Asia.

No player is bigger than the Chinese yen!
Doubt it'll go that far. It's like the Bernardo Silva thing, he'll get a light punishment, apologize, and everyone will eventually move on.

Was it a 1 game ban?
Yes
Also was fined 50,000 pounds and sent on an "education course", whatever the hell that means.

Uh, is he though? Like, based on what is he better than this?
He’s better than this (Well I thought he was) because he has always spoken intelligently in every interview I’ve seen of him even back when he was a teenager.

He comes from a multi cultural back ground where there would have been kids that he grew up with of multiple races and religious beliefs on his council estate.

but most of all it’s because he has referred to Son as his brother multiple times, he really is a fucking idiot for not being smart enough to realise how dis respectful this is.

He’s better than this (Well I thought he was) because he has always spoken intelligently in every interview I’ve seen of him even back when he was a teenager.

He comes from a multi cultural back ground where there would have been kids that he grew up with of multiple races and religious beliefs on his council estate.

but most of all it’s because he has referred to Son as his brother multiple times, he really is a fucking idiot for not being smart enough to realise how dis respectful this is.
Do you think estates are these super tolerant and vibrant communities where everyone gets along like Buddhist monks or something?

I know this must come as a shock to many but white people are, in fact, not the only racist group of people on the planet.

He's never had any class. But the least he could do is not get videotaped getting his prick swallowed and making racist jokes, for the club's sake.

He’s obviously in a position of responsibility and should know better.

However:

A) Although in bad taste, I don’t see how it’s racist. He’s mocking the virus / not their race. The virus just happens to have originated from China.

B) It was intended to be a private snapchat video, can we all honestly say we’ve never sent some stupid private messages to friends ?

Wise up all the same.

Last edited:
Doubt it'll go that far. It's like the Bernardo Silva thing, he'll get a light punishment, apologize, and everyone will eventually move on.

Yes
Also was fined 50,000 pounds and sent on an "education course", whatever the hell that means.

He’ll be on the phone to Justin

He’s obviously in a position of responsibility and should not better , however:

A) Although in bad taste, I don’t see how it’s racist. He’s mocking the virus / not their race.

B) It was intended to be a private snapchat video, can we all honestly say we’ve never sent some stupid private messages to friends ?

wisen up all the same.

Stupid thing to do and he’s not the brightest but no malice in him

Someone said earlier to make him give a talk at a local school and that would be a good thing

The fact we don't have someone further up the pitch to keep the ball isn't his fault, be that if that's him or currently Son & Lucas, none of these players excels in this area. I do think, however, that out of these three Dele is most adept at receiving the ball with his back to goal and creating something than the other two, in the absence of a Striker I would play him as our target man and have Son & Lucas running off him either side.

Think I agree with this. Bergwijn can perhaps play the attacking midfield of the 3, with Winks anchor and LoCelso the creative base of the three in a mini diamond.

Then NDombele can come on for either LoCelso or Bergwijn, until he is something like fit/recovered enough to play vibrantly for at least 60-70 minutes...

Then when injuries hit Dier can replace Winks, who can move into the other base midfield position if required, or, Gedson can cover LoCelso, LoCelso can cover Bergwijn...

The current shape with Moura up top drains his legs too much IMO, where as Dele could be afforded more static positions, allowing energy to start the press as soon as a flick doesn't come off etc.

Don't think we'll see it though.

We all know he can be a bit of a prick at times and he should be much more careful with all this social media nonsense, but I don't believe for a second that he intended to be racist.

Bad taste and silly, but that's it.

Bet Son finds it well funny.....Dele had no idea where that guy was from, so basically it was all about the “slinty eyes” wasn’t it......
No different to filming a black bloke from the midlands and saying he’s got Ebola.

Back
Top Bottom