Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think in a lot of ways, the world cup has become the coming of age to a lot of our players! The rising expectations, carrying the hope of millions and the inevitable heartbreak, all will help the players mature mentally in the game.

Dele/Trips are already showing a difference in attitude post the world cup. I unfortunately have not seen anything like that in Harry Kane, hoping that changes.

I think in a lot of ways, the world cup has become the coming of age to a lot of our players! The rising expectations, carrying the hope of millions and the inevitable heartbreak, all will help the players mature mentally in the game.

Dele/Trips are already showing a difference in attitude post the world cup. I unfortunately have not seen anything like that in Harry Kane, hoping that changes.

To be fair, Kane was always a pretty level headed and pretty focused fella. I think his form's been poor since the injury and I think his decision making can be a bit selfish at times, but I don't think his general attitude needed much adjustment.

To be fair, Kane was always a pretty level headed and pretty focused fella. I think his form's been poor since the injury and I think his decision making can be a bit selfish at times, but I don't think his general attitude needed much adjustment.

Selfish? Golden boot winner at world cup, highest scorer in league in 2 out of last 3 seasons, most goals scored for spurs 3 seasons in a row, scores in August...give me selfish any fucking day!

Selfish? Golden boot winner at world cup, highest scorer in league in 2 out of last 3 seasons, most goals scored for spurs 3 seasons in a row, scores in August...give me selfish any fucking day!

Yeah, I get all that, but there are still the odd occasions when the right thing for the team, not him, is to pass to someone in a much better position and he doesn’t do it. It doesn’t have to mean he’ll score less, Salah scored 2 than him last year but also got 10 assists to Kane’s 2.

Yeah, I get all that, but there are still the odd occasions when the right thing for the team, not him, is to pass to someone in a much better position and he doesn’t do it. It doesn’t have to mean he’ll score less, Salah scored 2 than him last year but also got 10 assists to Kane’s 2.

I haven't seen Eriksen bollock him like he did Son at Chelsea though for selfishness?

I want him to be selfish and long may it continue...simply put his goals are what has put us in top 4 for last 3 years...

Didn't fear he wouldn't bounce back, but:

trippier-deixa-o-campo-machucado-durante-derrota-da-inglaterra-para-a-croacia-na-semifinal-da-copa-1531341727311_v2_900x506.jpg

Can't find the pic I was after where he's sat on the bench looking devastated. I think as the tourney progressed he wholeheartedly embraced the building responsibility; Captain-level investment and commitment.

Fuckin' LION!
pxl_england_croatia_trippier_off_39JPG.jpg

What the actual fuck? He was superb against Fulham. This is what pisses me off about some of our less intelligent fans. they seem to be taking him for granted. What striker in the world can pass the way Kane can? What striker is better than him at holding up play? And as for attitude, he is a leader. He was captain of his country and he showed that on the weekend.

sounds like the sort of weird shit spouted on the dippers forum.

I understand the passionate defense of Kane and I totally love Kane and know he's one of the best things to happen at Spurs. What I mean is, I feel I can sense a clear change in belief/attitude/whatever it can be called in Dele and Trips and even Dier. But it is not noticeable in Kane. Nothing wrong with that. Kane was already mature and level headed, meaning he perhaps didn't have to change much compared to Dele/Trips.

There was a single moment against Croatia when he missed a chance to double the lead when if he had just passed to someone else in a better position, it would have been a tap-in. Not nitpicking and it is not something to hold against Kane because he's reached a level where we have to accept his selfishness because his selfishness also provides plenty of goals. But being selfish when we are 3-0 to when we 1-0 up is something that if he addresses, he will be the perfect player skillwise and as a teammate. Kane is the best thing at Spurs for a long time, doesn't mean he is absolutely perfect.

He is not even fucking selfish. On many occasions recently I would rather he shot than passed.

He CAN be selfish (or at least occasionally fails to see a better option), but I want my CF to be utterly obsessed with scoring goals so no bother... Especially if he's world class and can back it up. :kanegoal:

What the actual fuck? He was superb against Fulham. This is what pisses me off about some of our less intelligent fans. they seem to be taking him for granted. What striker in the world can pass the way Kane can? What striker is better than him at holding up play? And as for attitude, he is a leader. He was captain of his country and he showed that on the weekend.
Well done on belittling a stranger on an anonymous internet forum, hope you feel better about yourself.

My point about Dele/Trips and Kane was that I can notice something different in Dele/Trips in terms of attitude, but not in Kane. If Kane was already levelheaded and mature, there is nothing spectacular he needs to change, like Dele/Trips. Nothing to do with Kane's form, although I still don't think he's hit the heights of his peak from previous seasons, he's still contributing and is a asset.

There was a phase close to the time when we played Dortmund at Wembley where Kane was terrorising defences and had an aura around him. That will eventually build up as he starts scoring goals.

There was a single moment against Croatia when he missed a chance to double the lead when if he had just passed to someone else in a better position, it would have been a tap-in. Not nitpicking and it is not something to hold against Kane because he's reached a level where we have to accept his selfishness because his selfishness also provides plenty of goals. But being selfish when we are 3-0 to when we 1-0 up is something that if he addresses, he will be the perfect player skillwise and as a teammate. Kane is the best thing at Spurs for a long time, doesn't mean he is absolutely perfect.

I largely share your sentiment, but:

Fuck that Croatia game.... The flack he got for that was bogus.... At all but point blank, he'd have had to chip the ball past GK & 2 defenders to reach the allegedly 'better' placed player. Any CF would have tried to power it into the net instead. Just a bit of fan-bashing born of that gooner knob 'good ol' Wrighty making a knee-jerk comment in-the-moment.

Back
Top Bottom