Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

FIFA programmers must be furiously trying to get his celebration programmed as an unlockable feature. When they aren't reverting our home stadium back to Wembley, that is.
Good luck animating that
ABF39_AC0_9_D36_4_C2_C_919_A_3757923506_D3.jpg

His creative passing has come on greatly over the past 12 months, and he’s properly charismatic. He’s too black for Real Madrid and the heir to Gascoigne’s thrown.

He’s perfect for Tottenham.

For me he was MOM just edging Lucas. The work off the ball he does largely goes without mention, such an unselfish player, always running, whether it's drawing the oppo away or a run that doesn't get picked out he is utterly relentless.

For me he was MOM just edging Lucas. The work off the ball he does largely goes without mention, such an unselfish player, always running, whether it's drawing the oppo away or a run that doesn't get picked out he is utterly relentless.
Totally agree with that, Dele presented as very focused and looked like he was really enjoying himself out there!

He’s definitely starting to fill out too. Always looked quite slight to me, but today he looked more of a bruiser. Obviously been pumping that iron down the gym.
Adding more power to his already formidable talents has got me all :ledleylick: :levywtf::adewtf:

I said before the season started that he should be starting deeper in this Tottenham team. Where he can get on the ball more, where he can create more and also make his shadow runs unmarked and get on the end of things.

Not surprised he's had perhaps his best start to a Premier League season with us and playing deeper. He's been excellent.

Maybe it's the extra attention with his celebration challenge, but it looks like Dele was super keen to score to create some other celebration challenge and that showed in his intensity and his runs. A couple of times he was absolutely livid at Trippier/Lamela/Moura for not passing to him when he had a clear open shot for a goal. He's been phenomenal the last couple of games and expect another big season from him this year!

Played these last two games like he wants that player of the season award under his belt

It seems like the World Cup has done his swagger the world of good. I was concerned that Harry would come back a bit deflated after not setting it alight despite his Golden Boot achievement but that August goal, along with Deles appetite will be infectious and I can see it having a knock on effect to the rest of the team.

Really glad he's full of flicks, tricks & energy. Two games won and we still haven't got Christian bouncing all over the field wanting the ball yet. Once our players turn up in their head we'll be absolutely fine. Wins breed confidence & the game next Monday up at Old Trafford is already looking like an absolutely juggernaut for them. They need the win more than we do, I hope we use that against them

It seems like the World Cup has done his swagger the world of good. I was concerned that Harry would come back a bit deflated after not setting it alight despite his Golden Boot achievement but that August goal, along with Deles appetite will be infectious and I can see it having a knock on effect to the rest of the team.

Really glad he's full of flicks, tricks & energy. Two games won and we still haven't got Christian bouncing all over the field wanting the ball yet. Once our players turn up in their head we'll be absolutely fine. Wins breed confidence & the game next Monday up at Old Trafford is already looking like an absolutely juggernaut for them. They need the win more than we do, I hope we use that against them

I think they both would have been quietly disappointed in their WC; possibly Dele more so than Harry. That niggle he pulled up with early doors (and tactics) really got in the way of him shining on that big stage... Could be why he appears to mean business as you perceive.

I think they both would have been quietly disappointed in their WC; possible more so Dele than Harry. That niggle he pulled up with early doors (and tactics) really got in the way of him shining on that big stage... Could be why he appears to mean business as you perceive.

I completely forgot about that little niggling injury he picked up. I was concerned a few of our stars would be feeling the hangover/ heartbreak of the World Cup, especially Harry & Christian with his missed penalty in the shootout etc as it's the first real disappointment either of them would have faced so far.

Really happy Dele is doing what we know he can do. He's such a unique player & I can see him winning our player of the season this time around. Love having him in our shirt

I completely forgot about that little niggling injury he picked up. I was concerned a few of our stars would be feeling the hangover/ heartbreak of the World Cup, especially Harry & Christian with his missed penalty in the shootout etc as it's the first real disappointment either of them would have faced so far.

Really happy Dele is doing what we know he can do. He's such a unique player & I can see him winning our player of the season this time around. Love having him in our shirt

The one I was worried about most by the end of the WC was Trips....

He looked physically (hurt and exhausted) and mentally broken by the end of that semi.... He gave EVERYTHING. Quite the emotional sight.

Dele is young and full of confidence. I honestly don't see anything getting to him or making him nervous. I can see him particularly going into a game high profile game like United at Old Trafford and saying...
tumblr_nvs17nUYxr1td2umgo1_500.gif

The one I was worried about most by the end of the WC was Trips....

He looked physically (hurt and exhausted) and mentally broken by the end of that semi.... He gave EVERYTHING. Quite the emotional sight.

I wasn't too worried about Tripps. He kind of came out of nowhere and made people the world over take note of who he was when not many people would have ever heard of him. I love that he brushed Eriksen to one side for freekick duties and slammed it in. Great sign that the belief is growing, even if I was kicking up a fuss when he told Christian to one side.

Trippier wanted the ball every moment he got the chance the other day, it was really pleasing to see as there's no reason why he can't go onto be another big player in our team now. Good on him after being peripheral figure only a year and a half or so ago

I wasn't too worried about Tripps. He kind of came out of nowhere and made people the world over take note of who he was when not many people would have ever heard of him. I love that he brushed Eriksen to one side for freekick duties and slammed it in. Great sign that the belief is growing, even if I was kicking up a fuss when he told Christian to one side.

Trippier wanted the ball every moment he got the chance the other day, it was really pleasing to see as there's no reason why he can't go onto be another big player in our team now. Good on him after being peripheral figure only a year and a half or so ago

Didn't fear he wouldn't bounce back, but:

trippier-deixa-o-campo-machucado-durante-derrota-da-inglaterra-para-a-croacia-na-semifinal-da-copa-1531341727311_v2_900x506.jpg

Can't find the pic I was after where he's sat on the bench looking devastated. I think as the tourney progressed he wholeheartedly embraced the building responsibility; Captain-level investment and commitment.

Fuckin' LION!

Back
Top Bottom