Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Personally think it's sad seeing Everton in this situation. A proud club with a rich history.

Sad for the fans, but I couldn't give a shit about the club......

Leeds, Forest, Derby, Wolves, Bolton etc. etc etc. etc... Preston North End..... Spurs..... The list is long and they've all been through it (and worse!) at diff. times.

After years of listening to our own fans bitching about Moshiri embarrassing us and then hearing "Spurs are on the same slope as Everton"... It's poetic.

I don't buy the whole Kenwright's 30 years of doom and ruin narrative either......... Until Moshiri showed up they (and he!) were keenly help up as the right way to run a club..... Best of the rest and all that jazz.

I think the new stadium will bring better times.

More income, more spending = better days?

Meh...... More of the same if they don't get their shit together beyond the trf market.

He's done as a player at this level. Would love to be proven wrong on that but have seen no signs, it would take a monumental swing even if he was able to deal with all the psychological trauma and get his head straight.

Just hope he's getting better mentally having been open with what he went through. The football stuff is just a very minor sideshow to that - obviously if he did make a comeback in the game it would be hugely inspiring but I don't dare to expect it. Elite sport is about very fine margins and he's fallen off a lot.

I think the fella you are talking about is Jimmy Husband. The miss was in the 68 final which we lost to West Brom .
Jimmy was badly injured by Dave Mackay when Mackay was at Derby and was never the same player again.As you all know Mackay didnt take any prisoners.
I am sure Kendall would have been on the champers that day{95} but Joe Royle was the manager.
Glad to you hear you have soft spot for the blues , we are not the same people as the dark side we come from the same city but we have nothing else in common.
Thought it was earlier than 95, so maybe 93 (as was away travelling 94-early 95).

This was it: Premier League (Sky Sports)

May 93’ Drab 0-0 as you guys had a final coming up, or maybe Woolwich… long time passed!

Adams, Merson et al were all propping up the bar in the players lounge.

I really hope this gets resolved. The structure of the deal was just so fucking stupid. Everton had/have no incentive to play him whatsoever, especially when he's not in form/coming back from injury. Dele himself was always going to suffer from it and then it also meant that we weren't going to benefit from it either.

The most important party in all of this is Dele himself. It's very sad how his career has turned out and the interview he gave in the summer opened a lot of eyes/hearts.

Spurs would be doing themselves a favour if they turn around and came up with a solution that gets Dele back playing. The money we'll be set to get for him isn't worth the good publicity/karma of doing what's best for him. Fuck Everton, they deserve to be where they are but players shouldn't be the one's suffering because of their incompetence.

Personally, I'd just say, fine give him back to us. Let him rehab with us, get him training when he's fit and see how he is. Will he ever be the Dele of old? Whilst I think Ange is probably the perfect person for him, the odds of that happen are still unlikely. But there's not a lot to lose. If we took him back now, we get seen as the club who took someone who is rock bottom, stuck an arm around them and helped them out. Best case scenario, Ange turns him into prime Zidane. More likely scenario, we get him back fit and send him off to a club where he'll play football again whist gaining a lot of admiration from neutrals for doing something kind in a league corrupted by money/profit/results.

I really hope this gets resolved. The structure of the deal was just so fucking stupid. Everton had/have no incentive to play him whatsoever, especially when he's not in form/coming back from injury. Dele himself was always going to suffer from it and then it also meant that we weren't going to benefit from it either.

The most important party in all of this is Dele himself. It's very sad how his career has turned out and the interview he gave in the summer opened a lot of eyes/hearts.

Spurs would be doing themselves a favour if they turn around and came up with a solution that gets Dele back playing. The money we'll be set to get for him isn't worth the good publicity/karma of doing what's best for him. Fuck Everton, they deserve to be where they are but players shouldn't be the one's suffering because of their incompetence.

Personally, I'd just say, fine give him back to us. Let him rehab with us, get him training when he's fit and see how he is. Will he ever be the Dele of old? Whilst I think Ange is probably the perfect person for him, the odds of that happen are still unlikely. But there's not a lot to lose. If we took him back now, we get seen as the club who took someone who is rock bottom, stuck an arm around them and helped them out. Best case scenario, Ange turns him into prime Zidane. More likely scenario, we get him back fit and send him off to a club where he'll play football again whist gaining a lot of admiration from neutrals for doing something kind in a league corrupted by money/profit/results.
Wouldn't have been a concern if the player actually performed...he'd be playing right now. The deal was structured that way because he was a busted-flush and no one wanted him because everyone could see what was actually happening...except so very many 'well-informed and knowledgeable' posters on this board. Daniel Levy, to his credit, tried to extract whatever value he could, save face for the club, and spare Dele's ego with it...strange to criticize it now.

If the player performed in the first 18 games after his xfer we wouldn't be here...if the player performed in preseason we wouldn't be here...if the player performed in Turkey we wouldn't be here...if the player performed at all in the last 4 seasons with Spurs we wouldn't be here. Sure, some heartbreakingly sad and tough times in Dele's life within that period but that doesn't change the facts on the ground as far as the contracted parties are concerned.

What Levy should have done, and he'll be marked down a grade or two for it, was to stipulate the player's performance should have been based solely on his work off-screen. Then I'm sure he would have had a new deal with Everton at this moment.

We give enough former players support - see Tom Carroll and Andros Townsend for recent examples - would love us to give Dele the same opportunity. Agree that Ange feels like he’s be a great manager for him. Only time will tell but he deserves the chance.

Fuck Everton.

Bring Dele back. He’d be great working with the youngsters. Like Danny Rose was. Just bring him back to where his heart is.

Make him hug Ange on the pitch in front of the fat Argies traitor’s face on Monday.

Then kill all of them (Chav scum)!

Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

I’d love to see Dele back to his best, but fuck Everton. If they couldn’t afford the fees, don’t sign the player. No room for buyers remorse here, otherwise, I want at least half the Richarlison fee back.

Dele is dead. He hasn't been himself for going on 5 years now; players don't exactly come back from that.

Some of you people really need to move on.
I am inclined to agree, Dele has chosen the party path in favor of his career and that is a big shame.
His 'entourage' have not helped at all that's for sure!

I hope Dele gets his head sorted, and can get a fresh start playing football if he decides that is what he wants to do, but as brutal as it sounds, no EPL team can afford a passenger. Dele is lucky to have a big financial cushion to fall back on, but the majority of us have to soldier on through mental difficulties, in order to keep a wage coming in.

I don't really see a problem, if Dele gets fit and shows Dyche in training that he deserves to be in the team, then performs well in matches, he ill be an asset to Everton. If they don't want to put him in the side when he's deserving just to save 10m, then they are stupid.

Must be pretty serious if it’s and I don’t mean to be disrespectful because 10million is a lot of money to the majority of people but to an English premier league team?

I don't really see a problem, if Dele gets fit and shows Dyche in training that he deserves to be in the team, then performs well in matches, he ill be an asset to Everton. If they don't want to put him in the side when he's deserving just to save 10m, then they are stupid.
And if hes just alright? Marginally better than youth player but they want to play him in the hope he rediscovers form

Walk away from the 10m for me, we got lucky someone would pay his wages

And if hes just alright? Marginally better than youth player but they want to play him in the hope he rediscovers form

Walk away from the 10m for me, we got lucky someone would pay his wages
If they don't have anyone more deserving to put in the team, that means he is still an asset to them.
If they didnt want to pay 10 million they shouldn't have agreed to it. We can't approach Lyon and ask for a discount on Ndombele, it's just tough shit, we have to pay the fee.

If they don't have anyone more deserving to put in the team, that means he is still an asset to them.
If they didnt want to pay 10 million they shouldn't have agreed to it. We can't approach Lyon and ask for a discount on Ndombele, it's just tough shit, we have to pay the fee.
They aren't going to play him if they have to pay, they don't think he's an asset woth 10m. When they signed him they thought he was.

That being said we are not getting 10m either way so I would do whats best for dele

Back
Top Bottom