Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But he's the next Henry/Cantona?!?!?

Henry said that Ledley King was the best individual defender he ever played against.

He said he could be clean through a channel, and Ledders would come out of nowhere, slide in, take all of the ball and not make any bodily contact with him. He said that ability to get to him at the speed he did without so much as his jersey being touched was amazing.

MOTM today, appears to have everything including a little bit of aggro. Lovely!
I like the agro bit a lot, although he copped a booking today and he could be a potential target for opposition teams to be milked in the future!

Don't expect this to a popular post and i'm not one to get on young players backs but i thought Deli Alli was absolutely woeful for large parts of that match last night and so much broke down when the ball went to him , can see there is talent and potential within him but i really don't get the waxing about last nights showing apart from a couple of moments he was awful !

Don't expect this to a popular post and i'm not one to get on young players backs but i thought Deli Alli was absolutely woeful for large parts of that match last night and so much broke down when the ball went to him , can see there is talent and potential within him but i really don't get the waxing about last nights showing apart from a couple of moments he was awful !
...................:pochwtf:

What...the...fuck
:pritchardeyes::pritchardeyes::pritchardeyes::pritchardeyes::pritchardeyes::pritchardeyes:

I don't think you should be allowed to comment on football anymore. There's playing devil's advocate and there's being an absolute spanner.

pardon me?

He had the highest pass completion rate of any player on the pitch

He had the highest pass completion rate of any player on the pitch

Maybe he did but it wasn't exactly a high quality match , I haven't said he is a bad player I just don't think he played well last night the first twenty minutes in particular he was very poor , I was amazed to read the last 5 pages of this thread where his performance has been overhyped to epic proportions. For me he has a long long way to go before he can push for a place in our strongest 11. the things he did well he did very well but he was also guilty of a lot of poor play.

Maybe he did but it wasn't exactly a high quality match , I haven't said he is a bad player I just don't think he played well last night the first twenty minutes in particular he was very poor , I was amazed to read the last 5 pages of this thread where his performance has been overhyped to epic proportions. For me he has a long long way to go before he can push for a place in our strongest 11. the things he did well he did very well but he was also guilty of a lot of poor play.
He got an assist and almost never gave the ball away. It wasn't a Maradona like performance, but he certainly wasn't 'woeful for large parts of the game' and responsible for many moves 'breaking down'. I think he might find it hard to get in the first 11 when everyone is fit, but that is a good problem to have. You are right to say that people shouldn't get carried away with praise, but that isn't a justification for hammering the guy for stuff he didn't actually do.

He got an assist and almost never gave the ball away. It wasn't a Maradona like performance, but he certainly wasn't 'woeful for large parts of the game' and responsible for many moves 'breaking down'. I think he might find it hard to get in the first 11 when everyone is fit, but that is a good problem to have. You are right to say that people shouldn't get carried away with praise, but that isn't a justification for hammering the guy for stuff he didn't actually do.

I was at the game last night and only saw it live with no replays but i'm certain he gave the ball away a lot especially in the first half and wasted some good positive situations , im not trying to single him out and do a hatchet job on him because i thought the whole team were disappointing apart from Son and the centre halves , I cant believe some of the hype on here for that performance though "the new Gerrard" ffs !

I was at the game last night and only saw it live with no replays but i'm certain he gave the ball away a lot especially in the first half and wasted some good positive situations , im not trying to single him out and do a hatchet job on him because i thought the whole team were disappointing apart from Son and the centre halves , I cant believe some of the hype on here for that performance though "the new Gerrard" ffs !

He got MOTM, had the highest pass completion rate and picked up an assist.

He was the best player on the pitch.

Last edited:
Not for me.

Just for everyone else then.

Honestly! I understand the whole 'not getting carried away with praise' thing, but for me, you've gone to the opposite extreme here. I'm genuinely very confused as to your comments on his performance.

For me, he was excellent yesterday. Good first touch, every time he got the ball he looked to move the game on, and was very proactive with it, and was at the heart of everything that was good yesterday.

Henry said that Ledley King was the best individual defender he ever played against.

He said he could be clean through a channel, and Ledders would come out of nowhere, slide in, take all of the ball and not make any bodily contact with him. He said that ability to get to him at the speed he did without so much as his jersey being touched was amazing.

why would anyone disagree with this?

Back
Top Bottom