Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He is just very in consistent. He should be used like a Lucas Moura along with Johnson to come off the bench and give a spark. Great squad player to have though.

It feels like the most of our regular starters have fallen off. I think these guys are just drained. First season of Ange ball has a lot of players limping to the finish line.

Watched the first half just now. Was unlucky not to have 2 assists.

Played a really like link up with Son then picked out a peach of a pass for Werner who went 1v1 and just missed. Then in the press with Sarr, won the ball high up the pitch, as usual, and payed Son in 1v1 vs the keeper. Ball hit both posts.

He should have crossed it early when his cut back in ended up a Luton goal but that was his only mistake. Watch the game and pick out a timecode with a mistake. i bet none of the Deki experts can do that.

People just see what they want. And I was in no mood to defend him if he's played shit.

Played a really like link up with Son then picked out a peach of a pass for Werner who went 1v1 and just missed. Then in the press with Sarr, won the ball high up the pitch, as usual, and payed Son in 1v1 vs the keeper. Ball hit both posts.

He should have crossed it early when his cut back in ended up a Luton goal but that was his only mistake. Watch the game and pick out a timecode with a mistake. i bet none of the Deki experts can do that.

People just see what they want. And I was in no mood to defend him if he's played shit.

Deuterz Deuterz with pussy out laughing emoji. Go find a timecode of an actual mistake other than not playing the cross that led to the Luton goal.

Mate I know you like the bloke but he was dire.

Nice pass for Werner fair enough, but every time he was on the ball the move died. He was far to central cutting in all the time losing it or just passing it backwards and killing the move.

MOTD pulled the stats 0 attempted crosses 0 shots and lost the ball the most in the side.

The difference when Johnson came on for him in general play was night and day.

You can not defend that first half from him and Ange obviously agreed hence why he was hooked at HT

Deuterz Deuterz with pussy out laughing emoji. Go find a timecode of an actual mistake other than not playing the cross that led to the Luton goal.

The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX

It was his initial crap pass which led to their counter + goal. Played it straight in towards a Luton player.

Couple of nice passes after that but some rubbish ones to go with it and drifted. Our least effective attacker by far.

Then rightly hooked and Brennan looked far more electric. You can’t afford to drift vs championship crap vs Luton, these are the games attackers should feast.

Nice pass for Werner fair enough, but every time he was on the ball the move died. He was far to central cutting in all the time losing it or just passing it backwards and killing the move.

MOTD pulled the stats 0 attempted crosses 0 shots and lost the ball the most in the side.

You can not defend that first half from him and Ange obviously agreed hence why he was hooked at HT
The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX

It was his initial crap pass which led to their counter + goal. Played it straight in towards a Luton player.

Couple of nice passes after that but some rubbish ones to go with it and drifted. Our least effective attacker by far.

Then rightly hooked and Brennan looked far more electric. You can’t afford to drift vs championship crap vs Luton, these are the games attackers should feast.

He should have crossed it when it led to their goal.

Other than that, find a mistake or poor piece of play with a timecode because he could and should have had 2 assists and wasn't bad. He wasn't great and Johnson played well. I'd start Johnson now too but I was expecting some end of days shit like the whole team vs Fulham.

It was nothing like as bad as some of you want to believe it was.

Didn’t he play the ball that sent Sonny through on the double post and Werner’s scuffed shot ?

Johnson was heavily involved in the creation of both goals.

Kulu takes far too many touches and takes too long to make decisions.

A lot of times he has the ball up the pitch in a favorable situation (3 v 3, 4 v 3, etc) and he holds the ball so long that the defence recovers and the play dies.

Over and over.

Move the fucking ball!!

Mate I’m a fan of Deki but the two instances you are talking about are basic skills to have as a footballer. He plays a one two and clips a pass wide into loads of space which is easy and his 3 yard pass to Sonny to run through is something a 6 year old can do mate. Don’t sugar coat what he done was very good. Its basic.
I’m not going back and giving you timecodes or whatever that is because I watched the game and he was so ineffective in the game. He’s miles off it just now and as one of his biggest fans I want to see him consistent and stop giving the ball away cheap.
If he wasn’t as bad as we all saw he’d have came back out for the second half. Ange is protecting him by saying it was due to width because if you go back and watch the game he was wide and wasn’t doing anything any different from any other game he plays positional wise. He usually plays every minute so to be brought of at half time suggests he might just have been playing poorly.

Johnson was heavily involved in the creation of both goals.

Kulu takes far too many touches and takes too long to make decisions.

A lot of times he has the ball up the pitch in a favorable situation (3 v 3, 4 v 3, etc) and he holds the ball so long that the defence recovers and the play dies.

Over and over.

Move the fucking ball!!

Think the bolded is what's most frustrating to me too. Because he has the skill and talent to move it quick but too many times he holds the ball longer than he should.

Big difference between him and Johnson is their proactivity.

Look at the Luton goal. When Kulusevski gets the ball, he cuts inside. If that was Johnson, he'd have whipped it in first time into the box or continued to take it on down the line.

And then look at our equaliser. If Kulusevski picks the ball up where Johnson did. Do you think his first thought is to play a one two and cross the ball?

I like Kulusevski but I'd be amazed if he ever played right wing for us ever again come next season. Barring injuries and suspensions.

If he wasn’t as bad as we all saw he’d have came back out for the second half.

We didn't all see that on this occasion. I didn't see the game live so wasn't coloured by the pressure of the result. The play that led to the Werner was far from basic mate. Plenty of wide players would have fucked that pass up and wouldn't have the strength to hold the ball up.

But i did get why Ange changed things. Johnson's pace and width was a better for what we needed. Doesn't change the fact that just normal finishing from Son and above normal finishing for Werner would have meant he subbed off with 2 assists.

Big difference between him and Johnson is their proactivity.

Look at the Luton goal. When Kulusevski gets the ball, he cuts inside. If that was Johnson, he'd have whipped it in first time into the box or continued to take it on down the line.

And then look at our equaliser. If Kulusevski picks the ball up where Johnson did. Do you think his first thought is to play a one two and cross the ball?

I like Kulusevski but I'd be amazed if he ever played right wing for us ever again come next season. Barring injuries and suspensions.

The difference between the 2 are exactly why he was subbed and why it was a good idea to have pace and the ability to get to the byline against Luton. Deki should have come off with 1 assist and possibly 2. There will be games that he changes from the bench before the season ends and people will say he should start again over Johnson. That's what happens when you have a squad.

It feels like the most of our regular starters have fallen off. I think these guys are just drained. First season of Ange ball has a lot of players limping to the finish line.
I don't understand why. No Europe, out of both cups early and, let's be serious, our style of football isn't all running. Half the time they're quite static when passing for passing sake.

You're talking about moments though. Often just a toe poke.
Sadly if you view the overall performance and how it has a knock on affect during the game, it paints a different picture.
Firstly, for those 2 or 3 moments you describe, there were long periods whereby his play stunted attacks, slowed down the team, resulted in giving the ball away and generally held us back.

On the other hand, Johnson sped us up, made us better to watch, did get two assists and should have scored but for a blade of grass.

He is better on the RW than Deki. The numbers and the eye tests back it up.

Sadly if you view the overall performance and how it has a knock on affect during the game, it paints a different picture.
Firstly, for those 2 or 3 moments you describe, there were long periods whereby his play stunted attacks, slowed down the team, resulted in giving the ball away and generally held us back.

On the other hand, Johnson sped us up, made us better to watch, did get two assists and should have scored but for a blade of grass.

He is better on the RW than Deki. The numbers and the eye tests back it up.

not what i saw mate for Deki and even then, moments win games.

Not arguing that Johnson a better fit for the game though.

The difference between the 2 are exactly why he was subbed and why it was a good idea to have pace and the ability to get to the byline against Luton. Deki should have come off with 1 assist and possibly 2. There will be games that he changes from the bench before the season ends and people will say he should start again over Johnson. That's what happens when you have a squad.

That’s what happens when you have two deeply flawed players for one position.

I said in the Johnson thread, people were massively over hyping what Johnson actually did yesterday. He didn’t actually find a spurs player with any of his balls across the box and his miss was diabolical. But he did move quickly and get behind defenders which gets fans jizzy.

I think it says everything that even with a really high XA (0.90) yesterday, Kulusevski is still averaging less XA90 than Son, Johnson, Werner and Maddison (as well as Peresic and Soloman).

Back
Top Bottom