Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Piss off back to SC or wherever you last got banned from for being a complete fucking melt
Oooo did I touch the fanny fungus's nerve.

I just love how drivling shits love to insult others, but they cwy wike wikkle babies when they get it back.

The Mercurial No. 10? More like The little irritating shit nugget.

SON's worst game of the year -by a country mile

One's of Kulu's worst game in terms of giveaways and output

Johnson almost non existent - easily bossed off the ball

Last edited:
So, I have nothing intelligent to say about tonight's performance, cause I had family over and was obliged to cook for them instead of watching the match.

However some people whose opinions I respect say Kulu played badly tonight, so I'm inclined to believe them.
Doesn't make him a terrible player. (I watched Haarland play against us a few weeks back and he was shit. That doesn't make him a terrible player either.)

Anyway, just putting in an appearance, though it's obviously easier to only show up when your point is proved.

As a Spurs supporter you can criticise performances but still acknowledge when a player has worked their backside off for the team this season and has effectively scored you points in several matches. It still surprises me that some folk can't find anything good to say about him, it's a strange agenda.
I've never denied what the kid can do...but it's not enough because it's not good enough to do it consistently. The salient point is that I was saying BEFORE we made him permanent and it was CLEARLY evident BEFORE we made him permanent.

And now we're stuck with him and a bunch of folks that tribally and toxically defend and gaslight for this player. Even you post to which I 'responded' was petty and toxic "ooo, look, where are the haters now' type stuff as if the criticism isn't merited. He will score the odd goal or give the odd assist but it's nothing to crow about...it's usually the thing that 'saves' an otherwise shit performance.

But yeah, if you'd like to continue paying 40M for players whose sole quality is that they run around a bit that's fine. I thought it was a waste of money...everyone will come to my side by the time Kulu's time with us is done.

I've never denied what the kid can do...but it's not enough because it's not good enough to do it consistently. The salient point is that I was saying BEFORE we made him permanent and it was CLEARLY evident BEFORE we made him permanent.

And now we're stuck with him and a bunch of folks that tribally and toxically defend and gaslight for this player. Even you post to which I 'responded' was petty and toxic "ooo, look, where are the haters now' type stuff as if the criticism isn't merited. He will score the odd goal or give the odd assist but it's nothing to crow about...it's usually the thing that 'saves' an otherwise shit performance.

But yeah, if you'd like to continue paying 40M for players whose sole quality is that they run around a bit that's fine. I thought it was a waste of money...everyone will come to my side by the time Kulu's time with us is done.
You can't both quote a fee of 40 million and belabour the point about making the deal permanent (at a reduced fee). The loan fee was sunk cost.

Petty and toxic? Hell yes, I'm finally getting the hang of things!

I don't think the extent of your criticism of this player is justified. A lot of people on this thread have pointed out his positives but you're not seeing it, so I won't repeat them again.

He's still a young player, and last night he had an uncharacteristically bad game. Personally, I dislike it when elements of our fanbase gleefully post how 'dogshit' certain players are but never show up for the good times. Be it trolling, stupidly or bloody mindedness, we have a history of piling in on certain players and trying to pull them down. We get enough stick from opposition fans, but I don't even see them hating on Kulu to the extent some do here.

Yes, there might be more support for Kulu-bashing over time. Players get injured, get old or their motivation changes. But for now, you're in the minority for a reason; you (and a couple of others) are touting a negative opinion that has little evidence and then going quiet when he plays well. So of course you'll get stick for that.

SON's worst game of the year -by a country mile

One's of Kulu's worst game in terms of giveaways and output

Johnson almost non existent - easily bossed off the ball
Yeah, good thing is that one single game combined all those awful performances and fuckups. We lost it anyway, now we can hope this will not happen again for long time.

A bad performance I can take, all players have bad games. But the stupidity of that penalty, given he got away with it v Everton, just unfathomable. I really hope someone straightened him out about that so that it doesn't happen again.
What pissed me off more than anything else was how lazy it was. He started pulling the shirt so early, when he had more than enough time to move his feet and use his body to interfere with his opponent. It was not a last ditch, desperate attempt to stop someone from scoring.

It was one of the dumbest things I've seen or cutting him some slack maybe it's ike a Suarez biting thing can't help himself situation because why would you do it

He was poor yesterday but I think he has enough credit in the bank for us to cut him some slack , he is running on fumes at the minute so this rest should do him some good
In this fanbase? That's not how we do things around here. If you have one bad game you have always been bad.

Dejan had a bad game, but he wasn't the only one last night. The entire team just needs to move on and get on with it.

Was due a stinker all things considered. For all of his bad decisions in attack, Dunk should’ve been sent off (Romero precedent). The pen giveaway was just really lazy/panicky.
More pissed off with him doing it knowing another yellow means a suspension for the next game.
The challenge near the end of the game was another embarrassment for the officials in the league (selective officiating)
Let's hope by the time he's back for the game after there's a couple of players returning and new additions to the team.

You can't both quote a fee of 40 million and belabour the point about making the deal permanent (at a reduced fee). The loan fee was sunk cost.
Here we go again with another toxic response which amounts to "Oh look, I've found a little morsel into which to sink my teeth in order to wage my internecine war...I'll conveniently ignore the thrust of this poster's argument because it is very sticky for unsupported counter narrative. And if I'm lucky folks will think this little petty point weakens his other very solid points".

Belabored? Just because a point is made counter to your position does not mean it is "belaboured". But to address your point directly, it's 40M because I said this before he was loaned too...on these very pages. So it's 40M for me and folks like Deuterz Deuterz who took in his time at Juve and saw exactly what we've seen and exactly what Juve folks said.

Then after 10M and 6 months of shiny objects + overall meh performances and an additional 12 months of absolute shit some folks strangely wanted to make this nonsense permanent for 30M more...and then behave like wretched little children to defend it...all while Spurs lose because of it.

But your quibble should have been about 30M wasted to make my point more precise (in your estimation)...that would have been a good faith take. Then I would have corrected you about the 40M or graciously said "fine, 30M if that's how you want to look at it...but at least look at it that way". But you wanted to be a cunt...because for some reason ignorant, petty, and cunty = super fan in some folks' minds.

Feel free to address the rest of my point(s).

OK to start Deki, but his yellow was totally avoidable. In fact if I remembered correctly, his yellows so far were mostly stupid fouls.

Thing about the penalty was that the Brighton pedo was going to score if he didn’t pull him and they scored from the penalty anyway. Maybe he pulled the shirt because he was late and out of position. He’s been overplayed out of necessity if we are honest

He's still a young player,
Do you people ever get tired of making the same nonsense excuses? First off, he's 23 and will be 24 by seasons end. He played 36 Serie A games in 2019-20... We are going into what is effectively his 'third' season with us come January. He is NOT a young player...this is apology.
and last night he had an uncharacteristically bad game.
He's coming off a full 12 months of shit before this season. And, he's had a streak of 4 or 5 games in a row where he's tallied to 'save' his overall performance so folks could come in here and crow about it. But "uncharacteristically"? Give me a break. We've seen more shit from him than passable games. This is a very characteristically nothing game with a extra dollop of bad on top.
Personally, I dislike it when elements of our fanbase gleefully post how 'dogshit' certain players are but never show up for the good times.
This is stupid. Players get paid millions to do a job. If they are shit at it then they deserve criticism...but they don't deserve a gold star for doing the job for which they are paid handsomely. That's nonsense...and even greater nonsense when you know that player will not be able to do it the next game because he's not good enough. It's clear what this player is...don't try to minimize it by lumping it (or me) in with other similar arguments.
Yes, there might be more support for Kulu-bashing over time.
Yeah, we're done.

Back
Top Bottom